“Best Japanese Restaurant in Columbia!”

Miyabi Kyoto Japanese Steakhse
Ranked #67 of 1,106 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 27, 2018

Miyabi's is hand's down the best Japanese restaurant in Columbia, SC. It is not a place for someone in a hurry; once you're seated (and make reservations because this is a really popular place) you are in for a multi-course meal of Onion Soup, salad (the soy dressing is awesome) and then the entree. The food is cooked on a teppanyaki table and the "show" by the chef never gets old. I have been going to Miyabis since my daughters were born (the oldest one is 16 now) and we have seen variations of the same jokes, etc. for all of that time and it never gets old. The chefs (many of them who have been there for a long time and recognize us) are funny and skilled. The entrees, including shrimp, steak, and chicken and variations of that are wonderful and very filling. A box is almost always a must when you leave. It's not inexpensive but well worth the price and a great place for birthdays, parties, holidays, etc. Miyabis is not only my favorite Japanese restaurant, it is my favorite restaurant period!

Reviewed August 22, 2018 via mobile

Went here tonight. I had seafood tempura, which was ok. My partner got soki which he said wasn’t very good. Then his sushi came and he said it was bland and didn’t have any flavor. Our waitress obviously didn’t like her job . Never smiled, or asked how it was. We called her over and told her it wasn’t good, she shrugged and took the 1/2 eaten plate away without saying anything!

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank GoPlayOutside19
Reviewed August 6, 2018

The quality of the food and the top notch service make this an exception to the run of the mill Japanese Steakhouse. After trying other imitators in Atlanta, Myrtle Beach and other cities in which we travel frequently, we know all Japanese Steakhouse (Hibachi) are not equal. The food is fresh and the serving sizes are generous.
I love the seafood! I recommend you spring for extra broccoli and vegetables, as they are delicious!

While all of the cooks are fun and entertaining, as well as great chefs, you have to get to Spanky's table! He is a legend! This is my husband's favorite place!

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed July 29, 2018 via mobile

Sparky and Ray Ray are awesome chefs and very entertaining. Food is good and filing. The dance and drums for birthdays helps the fun while Birthday guest gets to dance.

Reviewed July 25, 2018 via mobile

My youngest wanted to try sushi and my family who are from Columbia and were happy to introduce her to it. Not only did my youngest but my very picky eldest tried it and loved it as well. They tried tuna, crab, yellowtail, shrimp, octopus sashimi, salmon, tuna, octopus, and eel rolls and then the crunch roll, philly roll, tuna, and spicy tuna roll. We weren’t big fans of their tuna but their fried rice & chicken teriyaki and shrimp tempura were great as well. Really great experience.