“First time won't be the last”

Julia's German Stammtisch
Ranked #47 of 1,013 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: German
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed June 24, 2012

My wife and I went to this restaurant about 2 months ago and we will be going back. The Breaded Pork Schnitzel with German Potato Salad was AWESOME and the Julia’s Reuben Sandwich was pretty darn good too. This is a family owned restaurant and you are welcomed with open arms when you come in. They make you feel right at home. The prices are reasonable and the beer is good too.

Reviewed June 14, 2012

We love this place and lived in Germany 8 years and this restaurant serves authentic German food the way it should be. The potato salad is excellent, salad is great and the jagerschnitzel is superb! The service is outstanding and Julia is a good person and loves her customers. The lunch prices are cheaper than dinner prices and the same portions, so go for lunch.

Reviewed June 14, 2012

Wanted some REAL German food so we took the drive from Augusta to SC (about 1 hr).We were glad to see that they had expanded, and that Julia is somewhat out of the kitchen and delivering her home cooked specialities to the customers.While we were there we got to meet her daughter Victoria and grand-daughter Helen who was our server. The Jagerschnitzel was lightly breaded crispy, tender and thin enough to cut with your fork. And don't forget about the portion larger than half the size of the dinner plate. After saving half my dinner, they happened to have some dessert still left (which they ALWAYS run out) that night was Razzberry cake,oh-so-melt-in-your-mouth joy-ganism moist. Thank you all for a awesome dining experience.

Reviewed June 14, 2012

We go to Julia's for lunch several times a year and also take our children and grandchildren when they come to visit. We've never been disappointed. Her food is consistently delicious and prepared with such love and care. Having lived in Germany and traveled there extensively, I can tell you there is none better! Her schnitzels are the best I've ever tasted-so light and fresh! Even though you get a large plate full of food (and yes, German food has some carbs), I never leave feeling over-stuffed. I also love her German potato salad, and although I would love to try some of her other entrees, I cannot give up my Schnitzel to do so! There are doggie boxes for those with smaller appetites and as to prices, I think they are remarkably low for the quality and quantity you receive--(just remember to bring cash, not credit cards). Don't be put off by the small strip mall where this restaurant is located. Inside it is cozy, pretty, and clean as can be. She has recently enlarged and can now seat many more people comfortably. Julia's is my favorite place in all Columbia. This is as good as it gets!

Reviewed May 30, 2012 via mobile

... But leave out the entree. Awfully pricey for what is essentially a plate of carbs.