“Great atmosphere, great food”

Mr Friendly's New Southern
Ranked #3 of 974 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Roanoke, Virginia
“Great atmosphere, great food”
Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

College tours with 17 year old son. Great stop for some quality food we could both agree on. Definitely recommend to anyone near the university.

• Korean first
“Soft shell crabs, if you like then try Mr. Friendly's exceptionally good!”
Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

I picked up lunch for my husband and I Thursday, it was a little pricey for lunch, but it was our anniversary. I love fried soft shell crabs and their po boy is the way to go! It's on a baguette that was nice and soft accompanied by lettuce,tomato, purple onion. Delicious!

• Visited April 2014
Upstate, SC
“Almost Hidden Gem”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

What a great little restaurant. I can't say it's the best southern cuisine I've ever had but is was really good. It's a great place to go for an evening with family or friends and enjoy some pretty good food. The service is excellent and the atmosphere is relaxing.

• Visited March 2014
Georgia
“Over priced with small portions”
Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

After eating there & spending over $100 (with tip), my husband & children were still hungry. They charge extra if you sub one veggie for another even though the veggie was listed as the same price. Will not return & will tell all those that I know to not visit.

Visited April 2014
2 Thank A B T
“Friendly Enough. I guess.”
Reviewed April 10, 2014

Recently visiste friendly's after reading sevearl online reviews for restaurants in Columbia S.C. My mother and I both found items that appealed to our taste on the menu. I tried the fried green tomatos ( I rearely get an appetizer but I did this time) and a blackbean buger. My mother had a chicken sandwich. My burger was huge, but lacking in seasoning. My mother said the same of her chicken sandwich. The food we chose was unremarkable to say the least, as far as flavor, but portions were giant size. While we waited for our food, my mother noticed the table cloths were really dirty on the side. Appears only the glass table tops get any attention while the length of the table clothes are in need. Server wasn't rude. Neither was she all that friendly either.

• Visited March 2014