“not this time”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I have been here before and enjoyed their creative presentations and good taste. This time for lunch we were sorely disappointed. The shrimp and grits were very grainy, and the black bean burger was just like they had taken beans out of a can and thrown them onto a bun. I wouldn't even call it a patty. It was just beans lettuce tomato on a bun. Our bill was very high for a lunch bill. Before tip, we spent $35 for two entree's, one appetizer, a small cup of soup and one tea. The waiter was business-like and not terribly personable.

2  Thank JoSki32

Reviewed August 14, 2013

I was staying at the Inn right beside Friendlys. I called in an order to pickup and I was told that they "were too busy to take a to go order". If you are too busy to take thirty seconds and write down an order, I will take my business else where.

1  Thank Traveler4464
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Knowledgeable staff, great food, and pretty quick service, though it is spendy. Great little patio would be ideal for a date night.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

My husband and I just had lunch here and were somewhat disappointed with the food. I had heard good things about it and was looking forward to a meal at the restaurant. My grilled salmon salad was mostly lettuce with overcooked salmon. It came with two crackers, something like you would get at a diner! The highlight was the peach-mustard vinaigrette. That is it! Frankly, I was still hungry when finished! My husband ordered the meatloaf, and hoped it would be as good, if not better, than the meatloaf at the Cheesecake Factory! He said it was ok, but did not compare at all. I, like may other people don't mind paying top dollar, but would like the food to be worth the money! This was not. I won't be in a rush to come back any time soon!

1  Thank Awilda H
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Nice place, very friendly and efficient staff. Had the low country blackened shrimp and grits, which was good but the shrimp was a little salty and in the middle of the grits was a dollop of tomatoes which tasted like diced Italian tomatoes out of a can. Fried green tomatoes with the pimento cheese was an interesting interpretation and delicious. It was a nice interpretation of southern cooking and the presentation was very elegant. Atmosphere lively and seemed to be mostly locals. If I had not read a previous review, though, I don't know if I would have ever found the restaurant. It is well hidden.