“Very Nice Lunch”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Clackmannan
“Very Nice Lunch”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

This place was very busy for a midweek lunch, not surprising since it is all very good. I was lunching with friends and everything was excellent. Nice easy atmosphere, efficient service, excellent food. I had soft shell crab ( a first for me) and it was lovely. One of our group had pork loin, a huge piece of meat which he pronounced excellent. The wine was also very very good, probably down to my hosts choice. Altogether a very nice lunch.

• Korean first
Columbia, South Carolina
“A great dining experience”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We had reservations, which I recommend. Place was busy, but we were seated promptly. We all shared a fried shrimp appetizer which was excellent. My wife had the vegetarian plate and she really liked it. I had one of the specials - BBQ on hoe cakes which was unbelievably good. Excellent service. One of Columbia's better restaurants. We will go again.

Wisconsin
“Average food experience at Mr. Friendly's”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Ate here with co-workers on a business trip to Columbia, South Carolina.

We opted to sit outside on a beautiful evening. Outside dining leaves a little to be desired as it is adjacent to the parking lots, so constant traffic and cars, there are not many outside tables.

We started with Fried Green Tomatoes. Not sure I get it. Just not my cup of tea. I opted for the Wedge salad with the Caper Dill thousand island dressing. A twist on the usual blue cheese dressing for a wedge. By the time I got to the pecan crab cakes I was full. A shared dessert was okey.

I don't think I would go back again, just not enough that really sounded interesting on the menu.

And no they don't take reservations.

Columbia, South Carolina
“For a small little place, we found the food was great!”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We had recently received a gift certificate for this restaurant and didn't know what to expect. We did review the dinner menu online before arriving and thought we could identify something that we liked without any trouble. We arrived about 7:00 pm on a Friday evening and were seated immediately. The weather was quite chilly and wet due to the rain so we lucked out it wasn’t busy at all. We looked at their wine specials they had and chose an Artesian white Sauvignon Blanc which was quite citrus flavored and no after taste. It was quite enjoyable for $28 for the bottle. We ordered a Caesar salad and fried shrimp as appetizers. The Caesar needed more dressing which we requested and more was brought; but it was nothing more than standard lettuce and dressing on top. Not really my idea of a $6 good salad. The shrimp on the other hand were prepared fried on top of a relish and they were prepared perfectly. They came rather quickly too which was great.

For dinner we ordered the rib eye steak, which was extremely well prepared and presented. Quite tasty too. The other entre was the Mahi Mahi on their special menu; it too prepared with creamy grits which were very good. We ate both meals and enjoyed the wine with the entrées. They provided a dessert menu but we passed as we were very full.

Overall a good choice; we will be back!

North Carolina
“Too small for the crowd...”
Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

They say single People sould stay in on the weekends, but I didn't wanna. I was looking for some surf and turf which they didn't offer tonight so I should have researched the menu more carefully. GPS got me there but I didn't see the sign until my second trip around the block. When you cross the tracks, you've gone too far.

Neat, clean location in 5 Points, and that should have prepared me for the wait. The small, 5 seater bar is packed with people waiting for a table. Lisa the bar-10-der is the most amazing multi-tasker I've ever seen.

All in all, good food, good service, big wait. Worth It.