“Good food and ambiance”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Ate here tonite with my son....visiting college campus... Sean was our waiter. I ordered Blackened Shrimp and Grits, my son ordered Blackened Chicken and Grits....both dishes were fabulous! Make certain to order dessert, our favorite 'Peach Spring Rolls', so very good! Sean was an excellent server.

Reviewed July 13, 2012

I chose this restaurant for my birthday, being out of town with my husband on business. Atmosphere is perfect for couples and families with older children. I ordered 1/2 bottle wine which is a great option! We had a special appetizer baby eggplant Napoleon, good flavor, but personally I thought the eggplant was tough. Maybe I just overlook mine at home. Husband had pork chop medium with blackberry ketchup....awesome! I had the Tasso gravy shrimp and grits, pretty good! (spicy) Our waiter was very personable and really enjoyed the ambience. We arrived at 6:15 and had no wait, but 7:30, they were packed! Two beers, two entrees, 1/2 bottle wine, and app $72. I would not recommend the eggplant appetizer, but overall we were very pleased!

Reviewed July 2, 2012

This is one of my favorite restaurants in Columbia. I requre a gluten free diet and they always take care of me and it is always delicious.

Reviewed June 25, 2012

A small "new southern" restaurant near the 5 Points section of Columbia. I've eaten here many times. Always good. Traditional southern fare with a twist. Great service... ice tea glass was never empty.

1  Thank GRGADA
Reviewed June 16, 2012

We enjoyed eating at Mr. Friendly's. Good menu, good food. Good wine list. I would return to Mr. Friendly's. Would like to try some items on the menu. We started with the calamari appetizer. It might have been a special, can't remember. It was very good, cooked perfectly, and not greasy. My husband had the City Roots salad, which he enjoyed. Then I had the buttermilk fried chicken with mashed potatoes. The chicken was very good, and served hot! I didn't like the sauce as much, tasso ham gravy. Husband had the catfish and he liked it. We each had a cocktail. I had an old fashioned which was too sweet and not as strong as I like. Husband had a martini and enjoyed it. We both had a glass of wine and they were both good. They have a nice selection of by the glass wines. We will return!

1  Thank BBBNewOrleans