“A Complete Turnaround, for the Worse”
Review of Eggroll Chen

Eggroll Chen
Ranked #105 of 999 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed May 19, 2013

We occasionally order take-out at the Egg Roll Chen because it has good, reasonably priced food. On our last visit, however, we were severely disappointed. Prices had jumped by 15% to 20%, and the food had declined in quality and taste. My wife had the moo goo gai pan. The chicken appeared strange looking as if it was chicken flavored dumplings instead of chicken. I had the General Tsao’s chicken. Ordinarily this dish has the fried chicken chunks in a separate place in the takeout tray, with the rice and vegetables separately in the other parts of the tray. This time, the vegetables and chicken were mixed and placed over the rice. As I tasted the chicken, I didn’t seem to taste much chicken. So, I cut a 1 ½ “ nugget in half and found about ¼” piece of chicken. Several other cut pieces produced the same results. Neither of us finished our meals. We will not go back again.

Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

I simply love eating at Egg Roll Chen. It is a great place to go to for lunch because you can split one entrée and easily be filled up (this coming from someone who eats a lot of food)! Typical take-out Chinese food, but a very good deal for very tasty food. Cannot wait to go back!

1  Thank Colarestaurantfan
Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

This is your typical Chinese fare that you crave once a week. I have tried several things on the menu but my favorite by far is Emperors Shrimp which is really just sweet and sour shrimp. We live this place.

Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

My family and I loved this restaurant. The portions were enormous so we had tons of left overs which made us happy. The food was great and restaurant seemed clean. This is more of a take-out joint, which is fine except we were wanting to have a nice sit down meal. There are tables there, so that wasn't a big deal for us. I would recommend it to a friend.

1  Thank Lori-l-Taylor
Reviewed September 14, 2012

I miss spicy beef-a-noodle soup! I actually live in South East Asian now and I still dream about Eggroll Chen! When I am in Columbia, it is a must have! Great food, always fresh! You can't go wrong with Chinese food here! Great family business!