“mis step with our reservations”
Review of Columbo's

Columbo's
Ranked #480 of 1,013 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: American
Description: We have developed, evolved, and refined the restaurant over the past 5 years. Open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner every day of the year; our aim is to serve the metropolitan Columbia, SC community as well as hotel guests.
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Had a party of 8 with reservations at 6pm. When we arrived, no one had a clue we had one, but they were good about getting a table set up and us seated. took about 15 minutes. They put us in a back private room which ended up being great. Our server Ken was good and did his best to get us out in time for our meeting at 7:30. Everyone's food was very good except mine. I had the Salmon cakes and they were mostly breading. Even with lots of lemon juice on them, I had a hard time convincing my self they were nothing more than breading. Will order the beef medallions next time. that is what most of our team had and they raved about them!

Reviewed May 4, 2013

I was in the area visiting a relative in the hospital, got back to the hotel late and wanted a real meal at 10pm. Found Columbo's served food until midnight. I was quite impressed with their menu choices and reasonable prices. I ordered the Salmon Salad and it was wonderful. Nice wine selection too. I love how it's decorated. I sat in the bar area.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

The Atlantic Salmon is a clean and healthy dish that is prepared very well and in large portions. The bar staff (where I ate) were also excellent!

Reviewed March 12, 2013

I would definitely recommend this hotel restaurant, especially given the poor selection of other dining options around the hotel. The menu has a fairly good selection, with several seafood dishes, salads, pasta, along with the standard beef and chicken fare. You can even get the regional favorite: shrimp and grits.

There is only one vegetarian entree currently on the menu (pasta primavera), but it is huge and full of a variety of vegetables. I also liked that the sauce wasn't too creamy, which is hard to find at a lot of places.

Prices run in the $15-$20 range which seems pretty typical for hotel dining and appropriate to the quality of the dishes served. The staff is exceptionally friendly and attentive, and the atmosphere is a comfortable blend of nice, hotel bar and comfortable restaurant. There are also drink and appetizer specials most nights.

1  Thank jimboa68
Reviewed October 20, 2012

We ate here while staying overnight enroute to Charleston. The service was excellent and the food very good and reasonably priced.

Been to Columbo's? Share your experiences!