“Great Sushi great staff”

Saki Tumi Grill & Sushi Bar
Ranked #68 of 1,106 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Columbia's most progressive restaurant invites you to step out of normal and step into SakiTumi. Flavorful grill and incredible sushi with fresh fish delivered DAILY. Creative cocktails from our full service bar and great service in a casual atmosphere bursting with energy and great music. You'll have to remind yourself you're still in Columbia. Get fresh with us for dinner and drinks anytime.
Reviewed March 17, 2019

My customer invited me in this place.
We had fantastic Sushi.
Smart and professional staff in a great location.
Very good !!

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed March 3, 2019 via mobile

Usually my favorite place but tonight was really bad. I don't know if it was because it was a Sunday night or not. The food is usually delicious but tonight everything was bad. We ordered edamame which was great. I ordered the shrimp tempura roll and my daughter ordered an avocado roll. We all ordered hibachi, 2 chicken and 1 shrimp. The entrees came out first and quickly. The chicken barely had any teriyaki sauce and the shrimp had tons. The white sauce was salty. The rice was off. It was crunchy and had not flavor or the chopped veggies that are normally there. The sushi finally came after we finished our entrees. The waitress said they had a lot of to go orders. I'm sorry but I'm sitting in your restaurant. My tempura shrimp roll was cold, as in ice cold, out of the refrigerator cold. The rice and the shrimp were cold. The shrimp had no batter. She said the manager said they were preparing a lot of to go orders so the shrimp might have gotten a little cold. No. The manager never came to talk to us. Offered to make it again but I said no. The waitress kept trying to make it like it was fine it had just sat a little. Not when it is that cold. I wouldn't have minded room temperature. Didn't want to wait any longer. They should have comped it or at least tried to make it right. I've never had food here this bad. Hate that I wasted that much money on mediocre food.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed February 26, 2019

Our family enjoyed amazing sushi and great service at this beautiful, cozy restaurant! The night we went it was crazy busy due to Fleetwood Mac being in town. Even though service was a little slow- understandably-- the server was pleasant and efficient. We will definitely go back!

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed October 19, 2018 via mobile

Our dinner at Saki Tumi was nothing special. The sushi was ok (not great) and overpriced compared to competitors. Portions were pretty small even for a sushi restaurant. There are better options for sushi in the Vista.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed September 19, 2018

Had a wonderful dinner of rolls and sashimi, The service was attentive, and the food came out quickly, per our request, (we were hungry). Great "fast casual" dining, or you can hang out.

Date of visit: September 2018