“Sushi was OK but nothing to write home about”

Saki Tumi Grill & Sushi Bar
Ranked #124 of 1,015 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Columbia's most progressive restaurant invites you to step out of normal and step into SakiTumi. Flavorful grill and incredible sushi with fresh fish delivered DAILY. Creative cocktails from our full service bar and great service in a casual atmosphere bursting with energy and great music. You'll have to remind yourself you're still in Columbia. Get fresh with us for dinner and drinks anytime.
Reviewed March 25, 2014

The restaurant has a nice ambience and I must say the seafood is very fresh. That being said, I was not impressed or blown away by the selections we had. The Philly role had smoked salmon and was the better of the two rolls I had. After all, it is hard to mess up a Philly roll. I also had the Hellfire roll but was disappointed. While the white tuna was fresh, the roll did not have much flavor and definitely no "fire'. A slice of jalapeno on top of each roll did little to save the roll as the jalapeno was not very spicy. I believe the roll would have been much improved with spicier jalapen or a spicy sauce within the roll itself. At least then, the roll would have a cohesive taste on the palate.

My husband had the Naked roll and the Samurai roll and he said they were good but he wasn't raving about the rolls the same way as when we visit other local restaurants like Gambei which has rolls with great flavor.

In terms of the service, the servers are nice and well mannered and the wait time is not too long so I can definitely recommend that the restaurant does have good service.

1  Thank kimmieval

Reviewed January 10, 2014

My Husband took me here a while back and I fell in love! Romantic intimate yet moder atmosphere, great service, great selection, and great food! We loved it and can't wait to come back again! Can be expensive, but totally worth it!

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Was in town for business, hotel recommended this restaurant. No reservation need. Enjoyed some of their half off Sushi and Martini specials and war not disappointed. Great service, too.

1  Thank DaddyScholz
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Great rolls, great sashimi ( taste and presentation) and reasonable prices. Did I mention incredibly attractive wait staff? It truly was almost like a club atmosphere but not in an overwhelming manor. I plan on going back many times!

Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

When you first enter the resturaunt it has more of a club feeling. Music is loud (but not too loud) and it has a very spacious open feel. It seemed to attract the college crowd. I was in town on business and it wasn't what i expected but I liked it. I was looking for fresh sushi and they had it. They had a couple of sushi and drink specials. The sushi was good and the edamame was great. The used a course Hawaiian pink salt. If you are looking for a cozy and quiet place look elsewhere. If you like an upbeat atmosphere to hang out with friends and eat some sushi this is it.