“Sushi 1st class quality”

Saki Tumi Grill & Sushi Bar
Ranked #98 of 1,013 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Columbia's most progressive restaurant invites you to step out of normal and step into SakiTumi. Flavorful grill and incredible sushi with fresh fish delivered DAILY. Creative cocktails from our full service bar and great service in a casual atmosphere bursting with energy and great music. You'll have to remind yourself you're still in Columbia. Get fresh with us for dinner and drinks anytime.
Reviewed January 19, 2013

... and taste. Creative sushi dishes and a very nice atmosphere make this a special place for eating out in Columbia.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Tried to enjoy a drink and some appetizers at the bar in the early evening (around 6:00 pm) only to have the whole experience ruined by club music thumping at too high a volume and music videos being played on two of the three big screen televisions. The food was pretty good and it's a nice room but they have to realize that no one is going to sit through dinner with juvenile thumping club music droning along. The bartender was friendly but seemed to enjoy conversation about "getting wasted" with the manager and other patrons more than serving drinks to adult customers.

2  Thank jcastle
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I really liked this place. The atmosphere was great for a friends night out. The created sushi menu is amazing and the drinks are great!

Reviewed October 19, 2012

If you are looking for a place that will accommodate both sushi and non-sushi eaters, provides a hip, modern atmosphere with a current music scene then this is the place to go.

Food- The menu has enough for both sushi and non-sushi eaters. I noticed many dishes that would be great for people trying to test out sushi without going straight to nigiri. I love sushi and I'm quite picky. I usually eat sashimi or nigiri but always try a house roll too. Although I've had better sushi, their quality and quantity was very good. For someone who doesn't eat sushi at least twice a week (as I do) and doesn't make it a point to try every sushi restaurant in any new city, then this will be amazing for you because overall is it very good.

I only got sushi so I can't comment on the main dishes; however, as they passed me to go to other tables, I noticed they looked very enticing.

Atmosphere- I love the laid back, rock n' roll atmosphere. You can come and relax here but still feel like it's a fun night out. When I was there, it was definitely a younger crowd but due to the welcoming staff and owner, any age group would love it here. The owner's well-traveled, love of art (music, food, etc), and cool attitude all comes out in this restaurant and I appreciated it.

Price- As mentioned, I've eaten at several (probably over 75 at this point) sushi restaurants from small towns to the biggest cities. The price is average. Not too cheap and not too expensive. Anyone who says this is over-priced has not eaten at a good sushi restaurant.

Service- Simply put- perfect.

Definitely go!

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Saki Tumi is our go-to for date night. The atmosphere is happening and lively without being crowded. The food is amazing. I'm mostly vegan, but I totally make an exception for the Naked Roll. The hibachi rice and vegies are great too. Of course, after I've kicked back carafe of hot sake, I'm pretty happy with everything.