“Don't Bother!”

Saki Tumi Grill & Sushi Bar
Ranked #89 of 996 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Columbia's most progressive restaurant invites you to step out of normal and step into SakiTumi. Flavorful grill and incredible sushi with fresh fish delivered DAILY. Creative cocktails from our full service bar and great service in a casual atmosphere bursting with energy and great music. You'll have to remind yourself you're still in Columbia. Get fresh with us for dinner and drinks anytime.
Reviewed December 8, 2011

Maybe I'm a sushi-snob having lived in much larger cities and having had access to really great, fresh fish. That said, I was very underwhelmed by the quality at SakiTumi. Just looking at the fish in the counter, I should have known better than to order sushi, but I took a chance. Pretty much everything was disappointing. Not only was the raw fish not fresh, even the spider roll (soft shell crab) which is cooked, was not fresh tasting. It seemed like something that was frozen and a bit stale Unfortunately, I took a friend from San Diego with me and I felt like I had to keep apologizing for the food. Definitely won't be back - at least not for the sushi! As the title says, don't bother.

Reviewed November 10, 2011

My friends and I have been going to SakiTumi a lot lately and we always have a great time! Best food in town, hands down. I have had sushi everywhere in Columbia and I have never had such fresh fish. Great for beginner sushi eaters too. If you are a sushi lover, they even have sushi classes for groups and couples! Something we usually get is this tapas sample platter that is perfect for sharing! The service is so friendly and consistent and the atmosphere is great! The music video system makes it even better on the weekends. Our favorite night to go is on Wednesdays because their cocktails are all half off and some sushi too! Everybody needs to try this place.

Reviewed November 4, 2011

The freshest sushi and best menu in Columbia, by far. The staff is just so friendly and knowledgeable, and is willing to help anyone. :) Great specials and an excellent atmosphere. I am so glad I found this place and I told all of my friends that its the go-to place for fantastic food.

Reviewed October 30, 2011

SakiTumi is one of my favorite places to hang out in Columbia! The atmosphere is like none other. They have a video system that plays music videos all night...the music selection is awesome...mostly new hits but a lot of classic hits as well. You can even request your favorite songs and they will play them! The food is amazing too! The sushi is great...their tuna is delivered fresh everyday (no other restaurant in town does this)...and even if you don't like sushi they have some amazing tapas and entrèe dishes that are cooked! Not to mention they have nightly drink and/or food specials that make it hard to stay away from the place!!!! The servers at SakiTumi are great...SakiTumi has some of the best looking staff and they definitely know how to make your dining experience an awesome one. Basically...this place is awesome...if you haven't already you need to check this place out...you won't regret it!!!

Reviewed October 17, 2011

We LOVE this restaurant! My husband & I have eaten there several times & we are never disappointed! The seared tuna tacos are the most excellent blend of flavors! They also have a simple green salad with the most delicious ginger dressing...simply to die for! They always have interesting wines on their menu also. The overall "feel" of the restaurant is friendly & warm. The service has never been anything but consistently terrific. The restaurant is also very close to many other activities in The Vista...you're within walking distance of nightlife, clubs & shopping. Go There!!!