“Great Place to spend the night”

Best Western Executive Inn & Suites
Ranked #18 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
“Great Place to spend the night”
Reviewed May 21, 2014

We arrived after a long eight hour drive. We were greeted in a friendly manner and Peter the desk clerk tried extremely hard to give us the best and most comfortable room he had available. The room we were assigned was a nice size room with a couch, table and very comfortable bed. The sheets were very white and clean. The bathroom was spotless. The breakfast was adequate, eggs, cereal, bagel, english muffins were available along with juice, coffee and tea.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed May 20, 2014

This location makes a great accomodation for my business travels. I stay here often, and am always impressed with the hotel. The staff is always most helpful and polite, its very easy access from the interstate (both I-20 and I-26), free breakfast is always welcomed. All the rooms I have stayed in are always clean, and the bed is extremely comfortable. I really recommend for all types of travelers wishing to come to the state capital of South Carolina.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Terre Haute, Indiana
Reviewed April 29, 2014

This hotel is conveniently located between two interstate highways, I-20 and I-26. There is a small Italian restaurant next door and a place that went out business on the other side, behind that is a bowling alley. The location is safe. It took longer than expected to get checked in. The clerk was slow but friendly. We were given a room on the main floor that I thought may be a problem. It was actually pretty quiet for a ground floor room. You could hear people in the hallway because of the quality of the door but the walls seemed mostly solid. We had a King room which also included a desk, closet and refrigerator and microwave, the room was large. I want to alert you that there is a train track nearby and we heard the whistle which was a little noisy, but never heard it at night. The breakfast in the morning was so-so continental with cereal, pastries and hot sausage gray and biscuits with what looked like a flap jack egg. Overall I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed April 26, 2014

My wife and I recently stayed here and everything that has been said about Olivia is true. We were pleased with the location and the room --- BUT we were in room 110 and it gets light from the outside flood light for the motel. It is so bad that I thought it was still daytime outside. The light bounces off the ceiling so even though the curtains close out direct light the reflection is almost as bad as having the drapes open.

The smoke detector also periodically flashes which can be disconcerting until you realize it is not a passing lightning storm. The A/C works well but it goes from very cold to off and warms up rather fast. The bed was very comfortable and we would definitely stay here again -- but would ask for a different room -- away from the outside floodlights. The breakfast was standard fare and not nearly as good as the Best Western in Santee (SC) which has a fantastic breakfast.

It has easy off access to two interstates (I-20 and I-26) and was quite convenient for our trip. We did not notice any cigarette smoke odor as others have mentioned.

Room Tip: Watch out for exterior flood lights which shine into the room over the drapes and make it almost as...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Salem, United States
Reviewed April 21, 2014

The beds were very comfortable! The rooms smelled like smoke but the room served our purpose, a nights sleep and breakfast on our way to Florida. All the hotels that were within an hour were booked due to a golfing event so we had to go with this one. If we were in a pinch like we were we would stay again but would try to find another location first since we really don't like the smell of cigarette smoke.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Midlothian, Virginia
Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

After a horrible 10 minut experience at the Days Inn by the airport ( people hanging outside, lots of noise, dirty room, no lights) I checked in The Best Western with NO ISSUES!I It was 10:00pm when I checked in and the lady at the front desk was as professional as if it was 8am. The room very clean, the lights worked an not a soul was roaming around suspiciously. Everything was extremely neat and not a sound to be heard. Keep up the excellent service!!!!

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank CeeCee228
Columbia, United States
Reviewed April 14, 2014

I was able to find a room at the Best Western Executive Inn & Suites in Columbia during Masters Week. My room was clean and comfortable and the staff were very helpful and courteous. Great business accommodations!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business