“overnite stay”

Best Western Executive Inn & Suites
Ranked #16 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed December 22, 2013

this was our stopover for the evening, to start the staff was great, polite friendly and quick. the room was clean and roomy , the bed comfortable but the walls are thin. I don't understand when the place isn't busy why you are placed next to another occupied room and have to hear them especially if they are the type who are loud at late hours till well past midnite, I know we could have complained but sometimes that makes it worse. we did walk to a restaurant which is good because after being in a car for so long we don't want to drive anywhere once we stop, breakfast was good.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank rosrog

Reviewed December 9, 2013

My stay at Best Western is always a pleasure. The staff is knowledgeable and accommodating. My room is always clean, well stocked and comfortable. I recommend this hotel to anyone traveling in the Columbia, SC area.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Wendy W
Reviewed December 3, 2013

First time down in Columbia South Carolina to visit my family for Thanksgiving. Looked online at a couple of hotels in the area before picking this one. The price was good. The area seemed safe and clean enough. Overall, a little above average rating for this location. The only problem I had was the smoky smell in the hallway.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
2  Thank JDT82
Reviewed November 26, 2013

I highly recommend staying at this Best Western, whatever the reason may be. Rooms were very clean and the staff was awesome! I've been around nice people, but the staff here was exceptional. The breakfast was nice and simple. If I'm ever back in Columbia, I will most definitely stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 20, 2013

My husband and I stay in Columbia 7-10 times per year for USC related events. We booked this hotel 3 months ago to stay for one of the football weekends. Upon arrival we were told that there were no non smoking rooms as we had requested in our reservation that were available.

I have severe allergies and asthma and my husband relayed this to the lady at the front desk. She told us our options were to "try the smoking room" or to pay $30 to upgrade to a non smoking suite. She was extremely rude throughout the conversation and when we asked to speak to both a manager and the owner, her response for each was that they were "unavailable." Apparently this means both in person and by phone (not that she attempted to contact either).

We paid the $30 to upgrade as we had very few options at that point and during a sold out football weekend. Don't worry we will be disputing the charge through our credit card company.

The "suite" was tiny and no frills. The microwave and mini fridge likely outdated me. The whole building looked like it hadn't been upgraded in 30 years. I can't imagine what a regular room would have looked like if what we had was the suite.

My husband went to run an errand shortly after check in and was "attacked" by an employee that we assume was an owner. The person told him that if we were going to leave a bad review (something we had told the front desk lady at check in) that we could get our stuff and leave. He continued walking out of the building as the person nearly followed him to his car.

The next morning we left for the game with a do not disturb sign on the door. When we returned some hours later the room had been "cleaned." Based on the hostility we had met the first night I was wary that they may have gone through our stuff.

This hotel was just awful. Out of date. Overrated. Worst attitudes in customer service ever. I will never stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013
3  Thank Jess W
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Our room was very clean, aesthetically pleasing and plenty of space. The people were super friendly and helpful. The bathroom was real nice, loved being able to relax and take a warm bath after long trip. The bed was comfy (pillow top) but if you need a hard bed, this is not for you. The coffee was ready early and tasted great! I would compare this place with one of the Marriott's I've stayed at but with a much more more affordable price! We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Setapart9
Reviewed November 10, 2013

It started with a very impressionable staff, with smiling faces and welcoming tones. I checked in slightly earlier than expected for a event and they were able to accommodate me with no problems. Hotel seems pretty clean in very good condition (I originally thought it was built within the past 2-3 years, but at 10+ years they are doing a great job keeping up the interior and exterior areas). The King executive room was nice, bed was comfortable and there was adequate space. The AC/Heater functioned well, but made a rather loud vibrating noise when the cooling unit came on (probably a isolated problem). Overall clean, comfortable and accommodating staff are things that can definitely be appreciated time and time again. With a attractive cost and close to the interstate/wal-mart/small mall/food places I glad to have found this place.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo