“Another great burger! !”

Rockaway Athletic Club
Ranked #231 of 976 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Columbia, South Carolina
“Another great burger! !”
Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I have been going to Rockaways for 20+ years.Their burgers are the best. Our server, Marisa always takes care of her customers. We drive across town to eat here and always enjoy our experience.

• Visited July 2014

Bluefield, West Virginia
“Good food that's hard to find”
Reviewed June 23, 2014

This is a difficult place to find if you don't know where you're going. I believe this attributed to a reasonably light crowd for a friday night dinner. The service was quick and the pimento cheeseburger was great and will be my recommendation to anyone eating there.

Visited June 2014
Lexington, South Carolina
“Best Shrimp in SC”
Reviewed May 7, 2014

I may regret giving this review but Rockaways has the best shrimp in SC and that includes our coastal region which has wonderful food. Their shrimp is fried with a light batter and absolutely cooked to perfection. Broiled is also available. On Mondays they run a shrimp special and you can eat a lot of shrimp for $10!! I highly recommend the shrimp but the Pimento Cheeseburger is also a crowd favorite as well as the Pimento Cheese Fries, outstanding!! Rockaways Athletic Club is on Rosewood Drive, has no sign and a local favorite, the secret is out, RAC is a great place to eat, George Bush even had a Pimento Cheese Burger there once and he could eat anywhere!

• Visited May 2014
“Administrative Appreciation 2014”
Reviewed May 2, 2014

Last week our bosses took the ladies in our office to Rockaway's for Administrative Appreciation Day. It was a very nice atmosphere. A total of 15 individuals went for the celebration. We had a variety of burgers from Pimento Cheese, Pepper Jack, Jalapeno, Mushroom, Bacon Swiss to Fried Chicken and Club Sandwich. Everyone had fries except me. I ordered Fried Zucchini with Ranch Dip. We dranked from Diet Sodas, Sweet and Unsweet Tea and Pink Lemonade, in which I ordered. The Pink Lemonade was so good that I had 2 servings. I shared my Fried Zucchini and could only eat half of my burger, so I took the other half back to work. You get your money's worth on the meal which was under $11 per person. We all enjoyed our meal and had a great time.

• Visited April 2014
“Our favorite restaurant/bar”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Hands down our favorite restaurant/bar. Food and drinks are great and prices are too. Try the pimento cheese fries and sit at the bar. Bartenders are always awesome!

Visited March 2014