“Get the filet tapas!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Gervais & Vine

Gervais & Vine
Reserve with OpenTable
Gervais & Vine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #78 of 969 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: Wine Bar, American
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Simpsonville, South Carolina
“Get the filet tapas!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

My mom and I went here as my mother had never had tapas. She loved it! We got the filet, spinach and a cold trio of cheese, nuts and olives. It was plenty for us to share. We had great service as well. I have seen other reviews saying the service was not good and it almost changed my mind. I am so glad we went and will go again!

Visited July 2013

Columbia, SC
“Lunch service needs help but great food!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

I had lunch here a couple weeks ago (on June 4, 2013), which in and of itself is noteworthy for the fact that Gervais & Vine has historically not had lunch service (nor is it advertised on its website). I have been eating dinners at Gervais & Vine (irregularly) for the past 3+ years, so I was excited to discover a LivingSocial coupon for lunch and give them a try during the day.

When we arrived, we asked for a table for two and were promptly seated and the server then came quickly to the table to take drink orders. Good start. When the server came back with the first of our two drinks, she asked if we were ready to order. I let her know that we needed another minute or two and inquired about the second drink. Response was be right back. Turns out that this meant she came back after 10 minutes with the second drink and then to take our order. Ok...neither of us was too upset and we were looking forward to trying the Burger of the Day (Mushroom, Bacon & Gouda, I think) and an awesome sounding Pork Belly BLT...Thus, we placed our order and began to the wait for food delivery....

After waiting approx. 50 minutes for our two lunch entrees to arrive, the server finally appeared again with food in hand. With stomachs rumbling and irritated at the long wait for lunch, we started to dig in....whoa, SMILES...both entrees were DELICIOUS!

The burger was cooked medium (I was not asked how I wanted the temperature) and it was delicious. The Pork Belly BLT was sinfully good (see my photo)...large portion of slightly crispy pork belly, crisp locally sourced lettuce and juicy fresh tomatoes. The food was, as we had been accustomed to when eating dinners here in the past, really great...kudos on this!

Then came the wait for our check to be delivered, which turned out to be about 20 minutes after our plates were cleared. Payment was rendered and included use of the LivingSocial coupon and this wound up causing our server massive confusion with its processing and we waited another 20 minutes for the credit card slip (for difference between coupon and consumption) to be delivered...

In spite of the terrible lunchtime service, you may wonder, did I tip 20% on the total bill (including LivingSocial coupon)??? Answer: YES.

Will we go back to Gervais & Vine, you may ask? Answer: YES. We will chalk terrible lunchtime service to newness of lunches there and/or an off day. If it happens again though, two strikes and G&V will be out for us...at least for some time.

-----------------------
I make every attempt to take care with providing useful information and reviews of establishments, services and places that I have found noteworthy in my travels. If you found this review helpful, please take a moment to click the "YES" button at the bottom of the review and to the right of the question: "Was this review helpful?"
-----------------------

• Visited June 2013
Columbia, SC
“Nice Outside Area, Great Value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

My tilapia and grits dish, which included a side of squash, was delicious and filling. My husband's pimento cheese on jalapeno cornbread sandwich sounded odd, but was very tasty also. I had the impression this was a very expensive restaurant, but it was more reasonably priced than ever, at least for lunch. We'll definitely be back.

• Visited May 2013
Irmo, South Carolina
“Exellent Tapas, wine, service, and ambience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

went here Saturday night with my girlfriend after a concert on the river. We sat at the bar and selected 2 glasses of wine from a good variety wine list. We were able to taste the wines prior to selected. The bartenders were very knowlegdeable and were quick to fill our requests. We ordered an excellent cheese tray which had 5 varietal cheeses. Very good. We tried 3 tapas dishes of Bruschetta, lamb chops, and filet medallions. All were excellent and very reasonable. I would highly recommend a visit here if you like good wine, good service, ambience, and a nice dining experience.

• Visited May 2013
Columbia, South Carolina
“Excellent, upscale tapas experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

Gervais and Vine is one of my new favorite tapas locales! Everything we ordered was absolutely perfect -- you really can't go wrong with anything on the menu. The specialty drinks sounded tasty, but I did not indulge on my trip. I plan on returning soon!

• Visited March 2013