Open today: 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Review Highlights
A neat mix of food and craft vendors

We were staying in a hotel about a block from Main Street, so on Saturday morning, checking out... read more

Reviewed March 28, 2021
JustPeachy3
Atlanta, Georgia
Great Saturday Market

We were here on our second visit to Columbia. This time to move our kid into USC. Good vibe... read more

Reviewed January 11, 2021
JSJL84
Essex, Vermont
via mobile

All reviews city market saturday morning street musicians main street craft vendors friendly vendors friendly dogs food vendors two blocks south carolina pottery artists downtown stalls stroll state usc
Selected filters
Reviewed September 4, 2017

Looking for something to do on a Saturday morning? Soda City is it! From farmer's with veggies, meat, and eggs, to local food vendors and local artists and crafters you can't beat Soda City. Even being a regular, I try to stop by Soda City at least once a month and anytime I have houseguests from out of town, Soda City is one of our staples.

Date of experience: August 2017
Reviewed July 22, 2017 via mobile

I have visited Soda City in the winter, spring and summer; summer has the largest turn out- but I have not attended yet in the fall.

This attraction is free and runs along Main Street from the Capitol Building (Gervais Street) North for about 1 mile. All along the walk there are tons of booths with food from all around the world. There are artisan crafts, beautiful paintings, organic veggies, and plenty of friendly dogs!

All of the shops along Main Street are open and welcome the heavy traffic. Mast General store is a must visit along the way and dogs are welcome to join you while you shop!

The market has some tables set up along the road and it is open from 9:00-1:00; however, it was much different in the summer. I have attended a lot of outdoor markets and I must say, this one might take the prize as number one!

Reviewed July 12, 2017 via mobile

This is supposed to be a market. We saw 2 stands with a little bit of veggies or fruits (laughable) that were totally overpriced and lots and lots of food stands...and stuff nobody needs that the people called art. Everything hugely overpriced. I took friends from Europe here and they were not impressed at all. To the contrary. This might be something for tourists to spend a Saturday morning just to walk over and laugh about the prices (5 small herb mixes to create a dip $20, really????), but as a local I think it is a joke. Get more real farmers with their products to come and with sensible pricing and I will come back.

5  Thank mw123123
Reviewed July 9, 2017

We are SO happy to that we stopped by the Soda City market! I was three full blocks of organic produce, food trucks, handicrafts, musicians, VEGAN delights, and amazing artisans selling their wonderful creations (pottery, paintings, wood etchings, jewelry, metal work, wine (coffee-wine...try it), and lots of other fun stuff! The market itself made us want to come back to Columbia. Thank you!

1  Thank tkbebe2002
Reviewed May 10, 2017 via mobile

Wonderful outdoor market. Artwork, crafts, food items, live music, it's a blast! Native flavored honey, oil paintings, clothing, plants/floral. Something for everyone. Main Street has lots of excellent restaurants, too!

Date of experience: May 2017