“Great place to stay”

Hilton Columbia Center
Ranked #10 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed November 30, 2010

The staff was very nice. Parking was not too bad and it was cheap and attached to the hotel. The location is great with lots of bars and restaurants within walking distance. The rooms were very nice and Ruth Chris was awesome! I would stay in this hotel again if in the area.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
tonytam, General Manager at Hilton Columbia Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2012

Dear svanwass from Belleville, Michigan,

I am thrilled to hear that your stay at the Hilton Columbia Center was a wonderful experience! I am proud to say that we have a great staff that values all of our guests. Thank you for commenting on the central location and relaxing guest rooms. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our Ruth’s Chris Steak House and I hope to see you back again in the near future!

Reviewed November 27, 2010

Another winner from Hilton! I loved the whole vibe from this hotel; big, luxurious hotel in a Small Town. Everyone and everything felt like "class"; from the guy who took my bags out of the cab, to check-in, to breakfast the next morning, to check-out. I loved my room and the staff with whom I interacted could not do more. Everyone wanted to help me (was I at a Disney hotel?). Maybe that is the "southern way" of doing things. On top of a wonderful hotel, the location was perfect. I did not have to walk more than 1 block to get to a street full of wonderful bars and restuarants. Now I did pay a little more, $169, than other hotels in the area, but it was worth the expense. Next time I come to town I know I'll be staying at this Hilton again.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business

Dear jrman66 from New Jersey,

I am overjoyed that your stay at the Hilton Columbia Center was notable. Thank you for recognizing that our team at the Hilton Columbia Center strives to go the extra mile for its guests. I appreciate your comment about the luxurious atmosphere of the hotel and our featured Ruth’s Chris Steak House. We are proud to provide our guests with not only a convenient location, but an outstanding team that is thoughtful and professional. We are excited that you will be staying at our property again in the future and look forward to your visit!

Reviewed November 13, 2010

Stayed at this hotel on my last night in South Carolina! Check in was prompt and efficient. Parking was quite convenient. I had requested extra pillows and towels when I made my reservation and they were in my room waiting. When I checked out the bathroom noticed that the trash can next to the toilet had many rust spots on. I figured that this was because someone had poor aim. The toilet itself had many "curly" hairs on it, and these hairs were also in the shower. They need more than one soap dish in the shower as the existing one did not fit soap, shampoo, and facial scrub containers. In addition the mouthwash container definitely needs some sort of seal besides the twist off cap. Although the bottle was full, once I took the easy twist off cap one could not tell if it had been tampered with. The staff was VERY friendly and helpful, parking was very convenient and the hotel is in a great location.

• Stayed: November 2010

Dear kp7j4x from Providence, Rhode Island,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Hilton Columbia Center. I am glad to hear that your check-in and parking experience was quick and you received all of the amenities that you requested in your room. I sincerely apologize about the condition of the bathroom; please do not hesitate to let myself or a team member know if there is anything unsuitable about the room. We will do everything in our power to correct the situation quickly and effortlessly. Thank you for your comment about the shower, we will be working on putting more shelving in for added convenience. I appreciate that you noticed that our staff was extremely friendly and helpful as we pride ourselves on our excellent customer service. If you are ever in the Columbia area again, I hope you choose to stay at the Hilton Columbia Center!

Reviewed October 4, 2010

My husband and I stayed here over the first weekend in October, we were attending a concert at the nearby Colonial Life Center. The Hampton Inn was all booked up, so we decided to pay a little more and get a room at the Hilton. Looking back now, I am actually glad the Hampton was booked because our stay at the Hilton was so immensely enjoyable. It's also connected to the parking garage on the second floor of the garage so you dont have to go outside to get to the garage, very nice. The lobby is spectacular, very polished and clean. They have coffee available I believe all the time, and a little convenience area with all kinds of snacks, drinks, meds, etc. Their business area is also very nice, we used it to just check emails and such since we didn't bring our laptop. The room was absolutely gorgeous, and what was so great was that on my reservation, I requested a room on a top floor with nice views of the city, since it was our first trip to Columbia. They gave us a very private room on the 6th floor, away from the elevators, next to a corner room, with GREAT city views. The room itself was immaculate. TV was very large and nice, bathroom was amazing, bed was comfy, etc. There wasn't a single thing I did not like. Also, we were so happy to get to leave the concert and not have to deal with driving home or fighting traffic out of a parking garage, we just walked the 2 blocks to the hotel and boom, there we were. We'll definitely be making more excuses to come to Columbia now that we know about the Hilton!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple

Dear chesneygirl, from Charlotte, NC,

I am thrilled to hear that you and your husband enjoyed your stay at the Hilton Columbia Center! I value your comments on our remarkable lobby and upscale amenities that we provide for all of our guests. Thank you for recognizing all the great features of our spacious guest rooms. I am happy that you only had a short walk back from the concert and that parking was very convenient for you. I look forward to having you back in the near future and please let us know if there is ever anything we can do to make your stay more pleasant.

Tony Tam, General Manager-Hilton Columbia Center

Reviewed September 8, 2010

We have stayed at this hilton many times in the past two years. Word is out just how clean, comfortable, and wonderful this hotel has been since entering the Columbia market. We screwed up and forgot to make reservations months in advance for parents weekend and it was all sold out by July. :( Don't want to stay anywhere else! The staff goes out of their way to help and the location is perfect for USC parents. We will be back!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank julesgeo
tonytam, General Manager at Hilton Columbia Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. If the Hilton brand is the best of the best, then the Hilton Columbia Center can be considered the best of the best of the best. In 2009 – just a year and a half after opening its doors – the Hilton Columbia Center was ranked #1 for overall service out of 287 Hilton hotels nationwide. Based on results from the Hilton Brand-Americas Voice of the Customer Survey, this ranking is the top recognition for Hilton Hotels. In addition to this prestigious award, the Hilton Columbia has also been honored with the #1 ranking by Tripadvisor in Columbia by business and leisure travelers and “The Best Lodging of Columbia Award” by the Columbia Metropolitan Magazine and readers of the Freetimes and Columbia Metropolitan.

Reviewed August 25, 2010

I really liked this hotel, which I am guessing is a new property. The staff was friendly and courteous. The location is unbeatable - easy walking distance to central downtown, state house, USC campus, etc. My room was very clean, comfortable, spacious, and well appointed with high def TV, comfy bed, and in-room coffee. Plenty of restaurants nearby, including a Ruth Chris inside the hotel. I'd give this place a 5 except for the $10 self park (which should be no charge) and the wake up call that came 15 minutes early (robbing me of some precious sleep!). I'd definitely stay here again.

Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank cinncitraveler
tonytam, General Manager at Hilton Columbia Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2010

Reviewed August 20, 2010

We enjoyed staying here during a college trip this month. The hotel is very well situated to the University and the Gervais shopping/restaurant area. There is a Ruth Chris restaurant in the lobby that looked fairly busy and there is a Five Guys across the street. The only complaint about our room was that there was wallpaper in the bathroom that was very clearly stained around the toilet area. It really should be replaced with tile. Front desk staff was helpful and friendly. Valet is $18 per night and self-park is $10. Internet was free, however.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank 2DogsatHome
tonytam, General Manager at Hilton Columbia Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2010