“Visit to Columbia Hilton”

Hilton Columbia Center
Ranked #10 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Enjoyed it very much. My stay was much too short. Wish I could have stayed longer. Rooms very clean, staff knowledgeable and friendly. Service excellent. Staff always had a smile and willing to help in any way. This was my first stay at a Hilton Hotel and everything was wonderful. I was just in town overnight for a wedding. I would recommend this Hotel to every person whatever their needs might be. Nice to have a restaurant on site and not having to go out for anything. Enjoyed not having to hunt a parking space and when I got ready to wander out, all I had to do was call and my ride was waiting for me when I got down. Very nice service, especially to older people.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
tonytam, General Manager at Hilton Columbia Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Dear Diane F from columbia,

Thank you for your recent review of the Hilton Columbia Center. I am so happy that you found the staff, accommodations, and service to be excellent. Our downtown city center location close to the capital and University of South Carolina has made the Hilton Columbia Center a top choice for business and leisure travelers alike. We recently upgraded our hotel with new 42 inch flat screen LCD televisions with an extended high-defination line up, in addition in every guest-room we added in-room safes, refrigerators, charging stations, and new the New Hilton luxury top of bed linens. We are proud to have made the investment in our hotel and will hope that our guests will continue to find our hotel, the best in Columbia.

The Free Times Newspaper just named the Hilton Columbia Center, best lodging in Columbia for the 2nd year in a row. Our on-site restaurant, Ruth's Chris steakhouse, was also just named best steakhouse in Columbia.

If we can ever do anything to enhance a future visit to Columbia, please do not hesitate to let us know!

Reviewed July 26, 2013

What a warm and friendly hotel. We had our two Douchaunds with with us and they were as important as we were. We arrived to a beautiful room with a doggie pillow and water bowl. The staff made us feel very welcomed. The day we left, I dropped my phone in the room. I came back and the housekeeping supervisor graciously looked and found it! Thank You!

Dear Barbara B from Hudson,

Thank you for your recent review of the Hilton Columbia Center. I am so happy that you found the staff, accommodations, and service to be excellent. Our downtown city center location close to the capital and University of South Carolina has made the Hilton Columbia Center a top choice for business and leisure travelers alike. We recently upgraded our hotel with new 42 inch flat screen LCD televisions with an extended high-defination line up, in addition in every guest-room we added in-room safes, refrigerators, charging stations, and the New Hilton luxury top of bed linens. We are proud to have made the investment in our hotel and will hope that our guests will continue to find our hotel, the best in Columbia.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Columbia SC - Been there many times, very nice place. The Hilton there i a terrific hotel, and if you get the opportunity its a Hilton as we used to know them. Also used the parking garage for a week - felt good about that, and will do it again when need arises. Nice place!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
tonytam, General Manager at Hilton Columbia Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Dear Catherine R from Augusta,

Thank you for your recent review of the Hilton Columbia Center. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and could take advantage of all the amenities the hotel and the city has to offer. If we can do anything to make a future visit to Columbia more enjoyable, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

nice location. the staff is very helpful. great stay. only thing lacking is a cheaper option for lunch an dinner. had a great time and will stay there again. rooms are little outdated but very clean. need to upgrade the room decor

Dear Rajeev J from greenwood,

Reviewed July 20, 2013

Very helpful staff, clean, comfortable, convenient, all necessary amenities - just perfect. Great restaurant on premises serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Choice of free newspapers. Perfect location - close to restaurants, shopping.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Apram P from Fair Lawn,

Reviewed July 18, 2013

It was a wonderful experience as this my first time staying the Hilton. The lobby area was exquisitely beautiful with modern-looking furniture which I must confess, were soft on the eyes. I was most impressed with the quality service provided by the ladies at the front desk. They really made me feel welcome as they delivered the service with a warm smile. My room was immaculately clean and well arranged. It was not jam-packed with furniture. Rather, things were strategically placed so as to allow guests to move around freely. The bathroom was very clean. I love walk-in showers! Towels, soaps and other toiletries were packed neatly and in reach by even a toddler. My only draw back was that I did not sleep well the first night as there was a bright light shining through the drapery of my window. For the second and third night I put a sheet over the window so it could be very dark. Needless to say, I slept well those two other nights. My wife and daughters had breakfast at the Hilton and they loved it. I wanted to use the gym and swimming pool but had to join friends for dinner. I guess, some other time. Thank you Hilton. I can honestly say, I enjoyed it!!!!

Dear Keven and Aisha J,

A TripAdvisor Member
Spartanburg, South Carolina
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Thanks for the wonderful stay. The hotel itself was classy, clean and restful with a wonderful staff. The next time we are in Columbia, the Hilton will be our place of residency. What we needed in restaurants were very convenient and most within walking distance.