“Great hotel, great restaurant, great location”

Hilton Columbia Center
Ranked #10 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Tampa, Florida
“Great hotel, great restaurant, great location”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Hilton Columbia Center hotel is located right downtown, just one block away from several really great restaurants and bars. The hotel itself is great, with comfortable rooms (that have safes), connected parking garage or an efficient valet team (5-10 minutes to get your car), large lobby with several different tables and chair areas, and great service. There's also a Ruth's Chris steak house in the hotel. If you're dining nearby, I highly recommend taking a chance on the Motor Supply Company Bistro. The chef changes the menu daily I think, depending upon what he can source locally, but regardless of what goes into the meals, they all taste great! So if you're adventurous and aren't afraid of a small menu, check it out!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
tonytam, General Manager at Hilton Columbia Center, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear PowerLounger from Chicago, Illinois,

Thank you for your recent review of the Hilton Columbia Center. I am so happy you enjoyed your stay with us, if we can do anything to make a future visit to Columbia more enjoyable, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Tony Tam, General Manager-Hilton Columbia Center

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Was in town for the weekend of April 5th for visiting daughters whom attend USC what a great location walking to everything around school and downtown Columbia
Having Ruth Chris in the hotel a plus for an late night drink and hotel offered brunch in the am, Coffee and tea in lobby at all times, will definielty go back

Room Tip: a plus for sleepy Columbia
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank a a
Dear a a from Atlanta, Georgia,

Thank you for your recent review of the Hilton Columbia Center. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your visit at USC and the Hilton, if we can do anything to make a future visit to Columbia more enjoyable, please let us know. Go Gamecocks!

Duncan, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have not written a hotel review before but I just had to let everyone know what a pleasant experience we had on our trip to Columbia for a Gamecock Baseball game . Everyone we encounter at the Hilton was so nice and friendly . Everything you need is there on site . The location is great for many restaurants and the Ruth Chris restaurant at the hotel is wonderful . We hope to return here again soon .

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Bo C from Duncan, South Carolina,

Thank you for your recent review of the Hilton Columbia Center. I am so pleased that we were your first hotel review, that means a lot to our hotel and team!. If your travels bring you back to Columbia, please do not hesitate to let us know anything that you may need.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

I travel to Columbia a lot, and this is always where I stay. It is a very good hotel, and they are always accommodating. I often have multiple rooms, and need to book on dates that may not be available. They have always worked with me to get the rooms I need, even when they are booked up. The rooms are always clean and, for Columbia, the location is about as good as it gets. The front desk staff is competent and friendly.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Joshuad33,

Thank you for your recent review of the Hilton Columbia Center. I am so happy that the team always works with you to get rooms even on dates we don't have availability, that tells me that you have made a great connection with the staff---for that I greatly appreciate your business! If we can do anything to make a future visit more enjoyable, please let us know.

Conway, South Carolina
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I spent 2 nights at the Hilton while attending a class related to my employment. I was very pleased with the stay. The staff were very friendly and eager to make my stay enjoyable. Even though I chose to park my own car, the young men employed as valet "parkers" were so friendly and welcomed me to the Hilton. My overall experience was great! I will stay in this facility again......and have already booked 3 more reservations over the next 4 months. Thank you, Hilton staff, for making me feel welcome and at home.

Dear Wanda1060 from Conway, South Carolina,

Thank you for your recent review of the Hilton Columbia Center. I am so glad that you recognized the great and friendly staff! If we can do anything to make your upcoming stays more enjoyable, please do not hesitate to let me or any other staff member know.

Maryland, USA
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I spent 4 nights at the Hilton when attending a conference at the Convention Center down the street. I was quite happy with the stay. The hotel staff were super friendly and helpful. The bed was as comfortable as I have come to expect from a Hilton, and the large walk-in shower was well appreciated. A/C was a bit hard to control, and the wifi was woefully slow in peak evening hours (worked ok at 5am in the morning). At least it was free, unlike at most Hiltons, so I appreciated that. Coffee, tea, and hot chocolate always available free in the lobby. Parking was convenient, if pricey. Breakfast buffet was quite good, in the Ruths Chris Steakhouse that doubles as the hotel's breakfast place. The location is good for what downtown Columbia has to offer - Statehouse, downtown restaurants and the Vista, and U of S Carolina. If I visit Columbia again, I would be sorely tempted to stay at the Hilton.

Dear CPtraveller from Maryland, USA,

Thank you for your recent review of the Hilton Columbia Center. I am so happy your recognized the super friendly staff during your 4-night stay with us in Columbia. If we can do anything to make a future visit to Columbia more enjoyable, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Hotel was clean, beds were comfortable and coffee was excellent. Our group of 5 arrived three hours early and the staff bent over backwards to try to find two rooms, side by side (our request) that were ready, to no avail. We weren't upset at all by this....check-in time is clearly stated on the reservation confirmation but it was amazing how hard they tried for us. It was St. Paddy's Day weekend and we were not the only ones early...but we weren't there for holiday festivities, we were there for work. They did store our bags for us because we had to leave to go to a meeting and woudln't be back at the hotel until later in the evening. Hotel was in walking distance to restaurants, a coffee shop and even a cupcake shop! My only issue was that the fan didn't work and one of the lights were out in the bathroom and the lampshades had a layer of dust on them that you didn't have to look hard to see. Everything else was clean. Would have given 4.5 dots if I could have. Would stay here again.

2 Thank purplesummer79
Dear purplesummer79 from Wilmington, North Carolina,

Thank you for your recent review of the Hilton Columbia Center. I am so happy that you and your group decided to spend St. Patrick's day in Columbia. If we can do anything to make a future visit more enjoyable, please do not hesitate to let us know.