“The Morning Front Desk Team Was Super Helpful and Friendly” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Columbia Center

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hilton Columbia Center
Ranked #10 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
sacramento
“The Morning Front Desk Team Was Super Helpful and Friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

This was my first time to Columbia, South Carolina. I was there for two days to say goodbye to my son who was deploying overseas. The hotel was centrally located to everything in downtown Columbia. The Front Desk Staff on Saturday morning were super helpful with a smile. I had a few questions about what to do for four hours prior to my flight and they all jumped in with great suggestions. I selected the museum option and walked the short mile and a half to see the Columbia Museum. I only wish I had more time to explore the city. The room was super clean which is the most important feature to me when I Travel. The hotel offered free coffee and tea all day long in the lobby and also had a nice coffee maker in the room – NOT located in the bathroom but rather in the armoire under the TV.

They hotel owners were smart in that they have a Ruth Chris Steakhouse as their restaurant operator. They offer their regular menu and a breakfast buffet in the morning. If you are looking for something other than Ruth Chris, dining options in the one block radius of the hotel is tremendous.

Overall, I had an excellent stay!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank itsfuntotravel-2012
tonytam, General Manager at Hilton Columbia Center, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear itsfuntotravel-2012 from sacramento,

Thank you for your recent review of the HIlton Columbia Center. I am so happy that you enjoyed the hotel and found the staff "super" helpful and friendly. If we can do anything to make a future visit to Columbia more enjoyable, please let us know.

We also thank you for the service that your son is giving to our country---Thank you!

Tony Tam, General Manager--Hilton Columbia Center

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

My wife, daughter, and I recently stayed at the Hilton Columbia Center. Compared to other hilton's, this one is just ok. The rooms were average. One of the pictures in our room was just sitting on the floor, with the anchors still in the wall. We opened the fridge and there was an exploded can of Fresca, along with a huge, shattered glass bottle of water! The bathroom wasn't as clean as it should be either. My impression is that the cleaning staff isn't doing a very good job. Hi-Def TV's with satellite in the room were nice. Bathrooms were nice, except for uncleanliness, rooms were pretty basic. There is a Ruth's Chris in the lobby and they also provide the room service. I ordered a Filet from room service and it was delivered to my room, sizzling on the plate, just as it would be in the restaurant. I thought this was great and exceeded my expectations. The area the hotel is located in is great for walking. Lots of restaurants and bars within 1 to 2 blocks. The breakfast buffet was typical, and service was a bit slow. If it were not for the shortcomings in the room's cleanliness, I'd probably have given this one 4 stars...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
tonytam, General Manager at Hilton Columbia Center, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear culord from South Carolina,

Thank you for your recent review of the HIlton Columbia Center. I appreciate you bringing to my attention the items that were left unfinished in your guest room, it sounds like we were not ready for your arrival----which i greatly apologize for. A picture off the wall and a fridge full of drinks should not have been in your room for arrival.The items that you mentioned in your review are not typical of our hotel and I do hope that you allow us to serve you again on a future date--just contact the manager on duty and we'll take it from there. We look forward to exceeding your expectations on your next visit to Columbia, South Carolina.

Fairfield, Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

Sorry to give this an average rating. It's actually a good hotel. I just see three stars as good versus average. Four stars very good, and five excellent or exceptional. In this market, it is probably a four star level when you compare it to its peers in South Carolina, but it's no where near a four star hotel when compared with a major market like Boston or New York or Washington, DC.

OK, now that I have put my conscience at ease a bit, let me offer a bit more about the hotel. The location seems good. It's in what I believe to be the downtown area. Most of what this town has to offer are within walking distance, it's just that is not all that much. There are quite a few college type bars within a few blocks.

There is a Ruth Chris steakhouse in the Hilton which offers up a nice, high quality eating option without leave the premises. RC even serves a decent breakfast. Prices are pretty good in the restaurant, especially compared with similar steakhouses in major markets.

The health club is the hotel is very small - two ellyptical machines, a treadmill and a rowing machine, if I remember correctly. I showed up around 7 am and had to wait a half hour to get a machine.

This is a small outdoor pool. It was too cold for me to use, but it looked ok for a quick dip.

The lobby provided the WSJ, USA Today and a local newspaper called The Daily Gamecock.

The rooms were adequate size. The bed was comfortable. The bathroom was a bit dated, but clean.

The hotel left two complimentary bottles of water in the bathroom. Very nice touch!

The TV in the room was Direct TV, so you got a very good set of stations to choose from.

The servers in the hotel were all very courteous.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank minicooperdad
tonytam, General Manager at Hilton Columbia Center, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear minicooperdad from Boston,

Thank you for recent review of the Hilton Columbia Center. We appreciate all of the great comments on your review. Please let us know how we can make a future visit to Columbia even more enjoyable.

Calhoun, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

I Only stayed for one night but they made my business trip as comfortable as possible. I really appreciated how accommodating the staff was. The valet is very quick getting the car in and out. The room was very comfortable. I ordered room service for dinner from the chops restaurant. The food is of course very pricey, but delicious. I wish I could have picked up a to go order downstairs at the restaurant, rather than being forced to have it delivered to my room which padded a full 25% to the already expensive total. Otherwise I was completely happy with my stay!

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank 656AnnG
tonytam, General Manager at Hilton Columbia Center, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear 656AnnG from Calhoun, Georgia,

Thank you for your recent review of the Hilton Columbia Center. I am so happy that you found the accommodations and staff very good. If we can do anything to make a future visit to Columbia, South Carolina more enjoyable, please let us know.

Tony Tam, General Manager-Hilton Columbia Center
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

Friendly, welcoming, and helpful front desk. Nice business center, fitness room and lobby. Rooms were spacious, clean, and comfortable, complete with microwave, fridge, and coffee maker. Convenient to the University but close to anything else you might need. Ruth's Chris Steak House by night serves breakfast and lunch by day. I will definitely come back to this hotel while my daughter is in school.

Room Tip: We were on the 6th floor but I honestly don't think it matters.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank SBB60
Dear SBB60 from Fort Worth, Texas,

Thank you for your recent review of the Hilton Columbia Center. We are so pleased you were happy with the room accommodations and your stay while you were here! We look forward to hosting you and your family again soon.

Waterford, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

One of the newest hotels in Columbia, this Hilton tops all. Beautiful property (with a Ruth's Chris inside), has a nice pool area, beautiful landscaping, lovely lobby area, and clean, attractive rooms. The staff is friendly and there to serve. There is always fresh coffee available-- offered in lovely silver servers. Those elegant touches set this brand apart. This location is convenient to many restaurants, shops, and the USC campus.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear LilylovesPeonies from Waterford, Virginia,

Thank you for your recent review of the Hilton Columbia Center. I am so happy that you have named us best place to stay in Columbia. We are very proud of our hotel and staff, if there is anything we can do to make a future visit to Columbia more enjoyable, please let us know.

Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

I am in town often to take care of family business since my mother moved to a senior living community. I primarily stay at this hotel and one other in the vicinity, but I do prefer the Hilton. The staff here is great. Rooms are large, clean and amenities are better than most hotels.
As Hilton Diamond members, we get room upgrades when available and free breakfast each morning. They even gave me extra breakfast coupons so I could dine with friends instead of by myself. That is a really nice touch for me and makes my stay feel like I'm home.
You do pay extra for parking here, but the parking garage makes it convenient to get in and out of the hotel and when I'm traveling alone, I feel much safer. Plus, if the weather is bad, you can load and unload your car without struggling with an umbrella, coat and your luggage. From the garage, you walk directly into the hotel lobby. It's a really, short walk from car to elevator.
They have a nice, free business area, complete with PCs and Macs, a printer, copier and a few office supplies. The Macs could use some updating. One monitor had some issues when I was there, but it's a nice touch to have both platforms available. The copier is a great asset for me since I usually need to make a few copies.
The fitness room and pool are are nice as well, although I usually don't have time to relax around the pool. I have used the fitness area and it's very clean and well stocked with water, towels, earbuds and equipment.
There is coffee and tea available in the lobby at all times, which is great for me. I like to make my own iced tea, so I grab a cup of hot tea on my way up to the room, get a bucket of ice and have free iced tea. Lots of types of tea choices, too. The only drawback here is they never have Splenda available here, only Equal and Sweet and Low. There is Splenda in the restaurant, so I don't understand not having Splenda available for coffee and tea. Most people use Splenda these days.
I have stayed here twice in the last three months, one being during Christmas. I was there a total of five days that trip and was upgraded to a junior suite, which was very nice. You get a small sitting room with a sofa, TV and a couple of chairs. There's also a small wet bar, with a refrigerator and sink. We got two bottles of water every day, too. You are also on the corner of the hotel, so you have more windows and several different views. It was a nice place to relax at the end of the day.
My last stay there I asked for a king room on that same side. I think they call it a corner king, even though it's not technically a corner room. Those rooms are a bit separated from the main hallway and tend to be quieter.
All in all, I always enjoy my stays at the Hilton. It's also pet friendly, which is always an asset to us. We have stayed in other Hiltons with our cats, but not at this particular Hilton. It's nice to know we have that option.
The Hilton is one of the best hotels in Columbia. Stay here and you'll be happy.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are great! Lots of light! If you can afford a junior suite upgrade, go for it.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Dear Road-trip-43 from Ohio,

Thank you for your recent review of the Hilton Columbia Center. We love taking care of our Hilton Honors diamond members and am so happy that you found everything to be tops!. If we can do anything to make a future visit to Columbia more enjoyable please let us know.