“Great New Restaurant!”

Bourbon
Ranked #12 of 978 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Description: Bourbon is a whiskey bar and Cajun-Creole kitchen located just off the steps of the South Carolina State Capitol Building. We serve over 150 bourbons and American whiskeys, as well as whiskeys from around the world. We craft classic cocktails using only the best ingredients, and focus our beer taps on local and regional beers. We do not take reservations.
Irmo, South Carolina
“Great New Restaurant!”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

Three of us had dinner recently at Bourbon at it was excellent. We all agreed that the food was some of the best we have had in a restaurant. Service was great and drinks were awesome!

• Visited July 2014

SC
“Went home disappointed”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

I should have been concerned when I could not find them on Open Table. Then when I ended calling to get reservations for dinner learned they did not accept reservations. When I arrived I realized why they do not take reservation, this is a small venue with four booths, two tables for parties of six, two community tables and bar seating. So I really question what the focus is for this place, are they a restaurant or are they a bar. They have a great bourbon selection, probably the best in town, but is that it? We sat at the bar, since we were there, had drinks and appetizer then realizing we were not going to be moved to a booth, decided to leave. I will have to say our bartender did a great job, made recommendations on appetizers and always available when we needed assistance. Final thought, website is inadequate at best, not sure how long they have been open, but the website should be complete by now, not just a link to FB and twitter.

• Visited July 2014
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Winning”
Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

I love Bourbon and a restaurant called Bourbon is like Heaven. When you go inside and order a Blantons or Basil Hayden and they actually know what it is, that is awesome to me. I sat at the bar and the service was impeccable. This is a trendy joint with great eclectic decor. The food was pretty decent. The collard greens were nice and spicy. The burger was awesome. I see why it doesn't come with any sauces. But the service from my waitress Kat, made the experience even more enjoyable. Only in town for two nights but will definitely return if time permits. If not this, trip definitely the next.

Columbia, South Carolina
“Delicious. Fun Atmosphere.”
Reviewed June 26, 2014

Recently visited as part of a food tour and I am looking forward to going back for some of that pimento cheese!! The food was fantastic and the atmosphere was friendly and inviting.

Visited June 2014
“A winner in Columbia....finally!”
Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

I've been wanting to try Bourbon since it opened. Columbia is genuinely challenged for quality restaurants but no longer. I had the Bavette steak and my wife had the Shrimp Creole. I have to say that both were absolutely perfect! Temperature and spice along with sides could not have been better. I now have a new favorite. Sorry Mr. Friendly's but Bourbon has you beat! Also try the Bourbon Smash for a cocktail. Ask for Elisa as a server, she did a good job and was handy with recommendations which were spot on.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank lpyn

Been to Bourbon? Share your experiences!