“A Pleasant Afternoon Well Spent”

Columbia Food Tours
Ranked #1 of 10 Food & Drink in Columbia
More attraction details
Owner description: Come experience Downtown Columbia as we guide you on a walking food tour through the beautiful streets and pointing out the city's history and culture as we stop at local restaurants sampling the freshest cuisine in the Capital City! Come experience Columbia, one bite at a time!
Lexington, South Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Pleasant Afternoon Well Spent”
Reviewed June 8, 2014

A great way to celebrate my wife's birthday with family. In my business we provide training for various educators. At these events, both small and large, we are always looking for food vendors that provide quality and unique offerings. This event gave us the chance to sample offerings from six restaurants. We also bring in teams of educators to the Columbia area for several days of school evaluations, and this would be a great way to get to know Columbia! It was also a pleasant afternoon strolling the streets of Columbia, eating in nice restaurants, and the opportunity to hear historical information by our excellent guide, Brian. Will definitely do it again!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Darrell0106

Columbia, South Carolina
“A perfect Afternoon”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

My husband and I have lived in Columbia for over 20 years and were surprised what downtown Columbia had to offer. The walking tour was enjoyable as we experienced the newly restored and renovated Main Street with its historical architecture. Our guide shared interesting stories and facts about the area as we walked to each restaurant. We had never been to any of the restaurants on our tour. The food was exceptional in each restaurant we visited. Be sure to come hungry! By the time the tour is done, you will be more than full! Each restaurant gives you a hearty taste of their specialty. What made the experience even more enjoyable, was that in each of the restaurants, we were greeted by a manager or owner who was happy to share with us the history and unique qualities of their establishment. After the tour, my husband and I enjoyed a stroll around downtown Columbia on our own. We have already returned to one of the restaurants, where the owners remembered us from the tour! We tried a different dish and it was also fabulous! I highly recommend this tour! Whether you are a local or visiting Columbia, this is a great way to experience the Capital City. It proved to be a very enjoyable getaway!

2 Thank Karen A
“A must-do!”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

If you're visiting Columbia or live in Columbia, you must take a Columbia Food Tour. My husband and I took one of the first tours and were amazed at the diversity, quality and quantity of the food offered up. Brian, the guide, took us down Main Street and even gave us some local history as we walked. We enjoyed every restaurant on the tour -- especially the restaurants where owners would come and tell us more about their restaurant. It's a great experience and lots of fun! (If you go -- skip lunch! And you'll probably end up skipping dinner, too. You end up sampling a lot of food and go home feeling satisfied.)

2 Thank Kate R
Columbia, South Carolina
“Columbia's Hidden Treasure”
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I recently participated in the Columbia Food Tour. Our guide Brian was extremely knowledgeable and gave interesting historical tidbits of the areas that we visited. The food was fantastic. We enjoyed everything from shrimp and grits to homemade pizza. Also the tiramisu and homemade pear ice cream were incredible. This was our first time visiting these restaurants and we've already made reservations at one that we particularly enjoyed. It was a great date for me and my wife and something that I would highly recommend!!

2 Thank StKaAllen
Lexington, South Carolina
“Highly recommended!”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

My mouth is watering thinking of all the restaurants we visited and all the yummy food we devoured. This was truly a wonderful experience. I highly recommend attending this food tour. The guides were exceptional and shared some very interesting bits of history with us as we journied from restaurant to restaurant. The walk was easy and light. The food was incredible and certainly filling! Don't think about it - just go! Sign up and you will be so glad you went!

2 Thank Becky B