“Bargain Place”

Quality Inn & Suites Fort Jackson Maingate
Ranked #68 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Very reasonably priced and honors discount coupons. All the amenities; micro/fridge, hairdryer, iron/board cable & HBO, fitness center & more. Although close to the intersection of I-20 and I-26 it was a quiet sleep location. Attentive staff. Nice breakfast room although the offering is mostly carbs. Although I'm rating this as "average" the price for a double was $50 was was a plus.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank doctorpatrick
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn & Suites Fort Jackson Maingate

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Have stayed here before. This stay was better than the last. The room they gave me this trip was 315. Room was clean and in good shape. Stayed here on a week night. All was quiet.
No problems to complain about.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 30, 2013

While the front desk staff was pleasant that was the best part of this experience! Arriving late in the day, being tired from travel and hungry we didn't check our room closely. Mistake for when we returned from dinner we found the room to be substandard at best! Wall paper coming off the walls, fecal matter on the walls in the bathroom and the list goes on. I guess it is their belief that they don't have to meet standards as they have the Army troops captive and are over charging them greatly. Guess again there is a Sleep Inn less than a block away pay the extra and relax!

Room Tip: Inspect the rooms before you accept them, the bedding is shabby and the pillows a joke.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 4, 2012

We have stayed here over several years as we have travelled through the area, but won't do so again. The hotel is very worn and in need of attention. The furniture is worn, there were holes in the old and thin comforters, mildew on the shower curtain and a general feeling of disrepair. Because of its dingy appearance it was impossible to tell if the room was clean. The breakfast area was clean and the food was nicely displayed. The front desk staff were efficient.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank EeVaughn
Reviewed December 3, 2012

I went to SC to watch my "adopted by love son" graduate from bootcamp. Every Quality that I have been to has those nice pillow top, comfortable beds....this one was thin and could feel every spring in my back. I would expect that from Econo Lodge but not Quality. I specifically asked for 1st floor when making reservation but had to take 2nd floor anyway. The parking on side of building I was on was the biggest cluster I have ever seen, had to either back in or back out, no other way. The bathroom was not cleaned, could see the dead bugs in the light fixture....just yuk, but glad they were dead. Bedspread had burn holes in quite a few areas, was smoking room but still after that many burns put the thing to rags already. The blanket had orange and red stains on it and I woke up with glitter all over me. When I said something about the glitter and being very upset about it the front desk guy just said, ok I'll let housekeeping know. I do NOT recommend this particular Quality to anyone. Oh yeah, when I asked if there was another Choice Hotel in area I was told there was only 1, come to find out there are 3 other Quality Inns in Columbia...who knows how many Choice there are. I will never occupy this place again and wish I could have moved somewhere else.

Room Tip: Just stay away from this one all together
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Stacy S
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We had a very good experience there on 09/22. The only criticism we had at all was the dark areas up on the third floor leading to our room. They should have better lighting but we were satisfied with the cleanliness, the appearance of our room and the comfort of the bed.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank wildcatswer
Reviewed August 23, 2012

We stayed at this hotel with the kids because it had an outdoor pool. Pool was not very big but enough to get wet. The hotel room was musky smelling which wasn't that bad after I left the door open and turn the air down for a bit. The shower did not drain well so after 1 of got a bath and the next needed to jump in you were pretty much in dirty water. The waffle station was good for breakfast but not much else filled or available when we went down. Don't think I would stay at this place again. Hotel staff was very nice other than that not much else.

Room Tip: no fitness center.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family