“tap lines need to be cleaned?”
Review of Liberty Tap Room

Liberty Tap Room
Ranked #13 of 978 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Liberty means many things to many different people. It is a celebration of the great American farmer and the rich bounty he puts on our tables. It is a celebration of America's melting pot of rich ethnic cooking styles. It is a celebration of the resurgence of the hancrafted-brewing style of the pre-prohibition small American brewery. It is a celebration of life, family and the pursuit of happiness. So bring us your hungry, your thirsty and fun-loving, we'll send you home refreshed and fulfilled.
“tap lines need to be cleaned?”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

The draft beer tastes funky here. Even when they brought me another beer, it had a little bit of a rancid taste to it. They brought me another beverage and took it off my bill, but if this is a "Tap Room" then the beer should be impeccable right?

Visited March 2013
thanksfordining, Guest Relations Manager at Liberty Tap Room, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thank you visiting us at Liberty Tap Room and Grill in Columbia and thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback on your experience. As a tap room, we do have an exceptional amount of pride in the beer we serve, and we will be reviewing your comments closely, in order to guarantee that this pride is upheld with every beer we serve. We hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you soon and we greatly appreciate your feedback.

Salem, MA
“Nice place, average food.”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

While on business in Columbia, I ate dinner here one night. I had the 14 oz NY Strip ordered rare. It only came with garlic mashed potatoes. I ordered a side house salad that was only $2.95 if ordered with the meal. I should have orderd it medium rare because the steak had quite a bit of grisel (sp?) and I like my grisel cooked a little more than rare...... It was flavorful but the grisel made it quite chewy. The potatoes were a bit thick and starchy and could have been much hotter. The salad was good, but small. The balsamic dressing was very good. I ate at the bar. One of the two bartenders had called in sick, so for one guy behind a busy bar, the one bartended did a great job. The decor was nice. They have a large array of domestic, foreign and craft beers. It would appear to me that the place would have a great bar scene once the dinner crowd thinned out. The prices were a bit on the high side, but OK. I would try it again but not get the NY Strip.

• Visited March 2013
thanksfordining, Guest Relations Manager at Liberty Tap Room, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Thank you for dining with us at Liberty Tap Room and Grill in Columbia and thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your experience. It was great to hear how much you enjoyed the atmosphere at Liberty, as well as the vast array of craft beers. We were upset, however, to hear that your meal did not offer the same high level of enjoyment. Our goal at Liberty Tap Room and Grill centers around offering, both exceptional hospitality, and delicious food. We source only the most high quality beef available and pride ourselves in the meticulous preparation of every dish we serve. Clearly, from your comments, it is clear that we have room to improve in achieving this goal with every guest experience. We do take the comments from our guests very seriously, and we will be using your comments in order to further improve our approach, and future experiences of our guests. Thank you once again for taking the time to provide us your feedback. We look forward to the next opportunity we have to take care of you.
Fort Mill, South Carolina, United States
“Fair Experience”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Food was good and a fair price. We got the Tenderloin Pasta and the Shrimp and Grits. I've had better Shrimp and Grits. I hate when restaurants leave the tails on shrimp in Shrimp and Grits.
Beers were great and a great price even though they were out of one of the beers we ordered.
Service---When we came in the hostess was not very welcoming. Then what I'm guessing was the front of the house manager steered us toward the bar but there wasn't a seat available so we had to come back to the hostess stand and were seated in the restaurant.
Our table was greasy. We had to ask the waiter to wipe the table down.
Our waiter, obviously a student, was very, very nice. He was a very good waiter.
We do not live in Columbia. We were just visiting for a basketball game. So I guess the obvious question to ask is would we come back???? Sure...we would go back.

• Visited March 2013
thanksfordining, Guest Relations Manager at Liberty Tap Room, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thank you very much for dining with us at Liberty Tap Room and Grill in Columbia and thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your experience. We were glad that you found the food and beer selection to be a good value, and it was also nice to hear your comments regarding your waiter. We do apologize that several details throughout your experience were not met with our high standards in mind. Our goal at Liberty is always to emphasize a style of service and hospitality that is very detail orientated and serves to personalize every guest experience. We are glad that you will be willing to visit us again and we look forward to the opportunity to take care of you soon on your next visit to Columbia. Thank you once again for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.
Canton, Georgia
“Nothing to brag about”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Ate here and had the Hawaii steak The steak was good but they brought my sides about 10 minutes after I got my steak. The service was terrible.

Visited October 2012
thanksfordining, Guest Relations Manager at Liberty Tap Room, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thank you very much for dining with us at Liberty Taproom in Columbia and thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your experience. We were pleased to hear that you enjoyed your Hawaii Steak but it was very unfortunate to hear that you were brought your side dishes later in your meal. There is no excuse for this style of service and we sincerely apologize. We aim to provide a very detailed and personalized style of service, but clearly your experience did not exemplify that focus. We will be using your comments in order to improve upon this focus and can only hope you will be willing to give us another opportunity to serve you. Thank you once again for your feedback and we hope to see you again soon.
orlando
“My favorite place where people have clothes on in Columbia”
Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

Upscale food and service without pretention. Comfort food to filet mignon, knowledgeable staff and a great beer selection. Come for a drink or dinner, either way you'll leave satisfied.