All reviews mid range hotel state fair walk in shower staff was friendly earplugs amenities tv sleep bed lobby
Selected filters
Reviewed August 27, 2018

Newly built in 2017, this property is sparkling new. Nice complimentary breakfast Room was nicely appointed, but not huge. Close to the college, for visitors. Modestly priced. The two minor down sides. If you are a walker, that likes to go out and get a stroll in... This is basically an industrial area. It is not a pretty area to be in. There is a train track across the street, They offer earplugs, which I did not use, and was not disturbed, but in the morning at breakfast was startled by multiple horn blasts of a train at a crossing. The staff was as friendly as can be. and the property looked very nice. If you are looking for a place to spoil yourself, this isn't it. But if you want a nice room at a bargain price, this is the place.

Room tip: bring or wear your supplied ear plugs
Date of stay: August 2018
Reviewed August 15, 2018 via mobile

Beautiful, clean, and convenienly located. However, I had to call the hotel after noticing an additional $75 charge on my credit card statement. I was told it was for incidentials. When I asked the front desk clerk, he said the manager placed the charge and it was likely for missing towels or pillows! He told me to call back and speak to the manager. I prepaid for the room months ago and we have never been charged a fee for incidentals at any hotel we've booked. We took nothing from the room and damaged nothing in the room.

Very disappointing. Beware.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank ravengal180
Reviewed July 31, 2018

I stayed while visiting a friend who goes to USC. It was a nice place for a weekend stay.

THE GOOD:
The staff was very friendly, check in was a breeze. The room was extremely clean. They allowed us to purchase an extra night and keep the same room which was nice. The parking situation is great, with plenty of room.

THE BAD:
The showers in this hotel are very poorly designed. The shower door doesn't open or close, it is a glass wall, but only goes the length of half of the shower, so the other half is wide open, causing a lot of water to go outside of it, and doesn't get warm. The breakfast is a joke, unless you like cold hard boiled eggs and soggy pancakes. The area is questionable but it was nice location to be close to the school.

Overall, for the cost it is worth it. I would stay here again.

Date of stay: January 2018
Reviewed July 17, 2018 via mobile

This hotel would be a decent backup for me if I travelled to the area again and only needed to stay 1 night. Location is weird as there is really nothing around it but a few industrial like buildings.
Lobby is functional yet unimpressive- and triples as the breakfast area and mini store (snacks and drinks).
Staff was very pleasant.
Room is small. Appears recently updated with decent floor tiles, furniture, flat screen tv, carpeting, bed/linens, walk in shower, newer refrigerator. The bed was surprisingly extremely comfortable - probably close to that in a premium hotel!! However, the room was not thoroughly cleaned - carpet had loose particles on it, shower looked yucky, and hair balls found on bathroom floor. No outlet access on my side of the bed. Really?
I asked where the downtown area is (to get food and check out the area) - the answer was that “this is the downtown”. That, of course, is not the case as there is a very vibrant downtown with restaurants and stores less than 2 miles away - as I found out the next day. Oh, and as a note, we did not hear the train at all - our room was facing the back of the property (train tracks are in the front across the road). I would rate higher if the room was thoroughly cleaned. Photo is of shower floor with dirt.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 4, 2018

The Gallus Stadium Park Inn was interesting... a gallant effort has been made to compete in the mid-range hotel market. A fresh coat of paint can usually improve an aging property; unfortunately, in the case of the Gallus, this wasn't the case. The paint was not professionally applied and the baseboard trim was, in many cases, missing.

The size of the room was similar to airport properties; for example, there was no closet; instead hooks were provided with a decorative curtain. Since the window overlooked the street and the railroad track, the shade remained permanently closed. Since the railroad track was directly across the street, two pair of ear plugs were provided to dampen the frequent rumble of the train and shrill whistle.

A less-than-welcome experience of nearly falling off the toilet left me questioning the thoroughness of the cleaner. Surely she/he had to have noticed that the toilet seat was simply not attached on one side while cleaning it. I also wondered about the maintenance staff and whether there was a person designated to maintain hotel equipment.

The FrontDesk and Breakfast Staff at the Gallus were friendly and helpful - unfortunately, this didn't make up for the overall negative impression I took away from the Gallus.

Date of stay: June 2018