“Wonderful Accomidations”

Ranked #6 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Durham, North Carolina
“Wonderful Accomidations”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

My daughter and I recently stayed at The Inn at USC Wyndham Garden. We were on a tour of the University. Our room was very clean, the beds very comfortable and the staff were ALL so friendly. I especially liked the drinks and snacks offered in the evening and coffee available downstairs at the front desk anytime. The breakfast far exceeded my expectations. ALL breakfast items were available and very good, especially cooked to order omelets, grits, sausage, bacon and fresh fruit. I would highly recommend the Inn to anyone who is looking for a place near the USC campus.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
East Earl
Reviewed October 12, 2013

We love staying at the Inn at USC! The breakfasts there are awesome and you are within walking distance of most anything at the University of South Carolina. The hospitality is outstanding, with fresh brewed ice tea and fresh squeezed lemonade available in the lobby on a regular basis. The front desk is always extremely helpful! Thank you staff and GO GAMECOCKS!!

Myrtle Beach
Reviewed October 11, 2013

I had always wanted to stay at The Inn at USC Wyndham Garden and i have been travelling for the past few weeks. I decided to splurge for one overnight stay and booked the Presidential Suite. The room was so spacious and the decor went way beyond my expectations! As soon as I crawled into the so ever inviting bed and sank into the luxury bedding, I was out! I thought I had died and gone to heaven! It was definitely one of the finest rooms that I have ever had the pleasure of visiting in my entire life! I even have pictures to show all of my friends and family!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Oradell
Reviewed October 10, 2013

With a son at the University of South Carolina, I have stayed at the Inn many times over the last 3 years. The staff is always gracious and welcoming, and they go out of their way to make your stay enjoyable. The breakfast included in the cost of the room is always wonderful too. I have noticed, however, that the hotel is looking run down. For example, the rug in my room was lumpy and the ceiling in the bathroom was peeling. Wyndham needs to repair & update the inn. This is not an inexpensive hotel and should be better maintained.

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Andrew L, General Manager at Inn at USC Wyndham Garden, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Thank you so much for your comments on the Inn at USC Wyndham Garden. We appreciate every piece of feedback from our guests. We especially appreciate your compliments regarding our fantastic associates.

You'll be happy to hear that we have brand new carpet in all public areas of the hotel and will soon have brand new carpet in every guest room. We have also been re-painting all surfaces throughout the Inn. You will find a bright and refreshed hotel on your next visit to the Inn at USC Wyndham Garden. Thank you again for your comments and don't hesitate to contact me anytime.

Andrew R Lucas
alucas@innatusc.com
New Jersey
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I was a guest at Inn at USC this past weekend for PArents Weekend. I booked my room back in January through Hotels.com. I had previously stayed at the Inn last August and was looking forward to my stay this past weekend. I booked a King Suite this time at the rate of $310.00 a night. My last visit I had a room that truly was a king suite. My entire room this year could've fit into just the bedroom of my previous room. And I didn't pay nearly what I paid this time. I feel that they take advantage of the fact that's it's parent weekend. The only other negative thing I can say about this hotel is that it doesn't have a restaurant on site which makes it inconvenient if you want to eat something quick or don't have a car. But on a positive note, the staff was very friendly and helpful, the complementary breakfast was delicious. Even with the crowd that was there for parents weekend, they were able to serve an exceptional breakfast. More than you could ever want. The mid-day snacks are also a nice touch. I would stay at the Inn again, but I would book directly through the hotel and find out exactly what type of room I am paying for.