“Best Hotel in Columbia”

Hilton Garden Inn Columbia - Harbison
Ranked #3 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Friendly and cheerful staff ready to handle all that comes their way. Excellent location with many restaurants in walking distance. Room was clean and comfortable. Rooms 01 - 15 away from I26 traffic noise. Room on the other side of the elevator need noise block

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Seanbranch, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbia - Harbison, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Dear Robert M,

Thank you for your recent review and personally awarding us as" the best hotel in Columbia." It was a pleasure serving you and your team in recent weeks. Rest assure that our staff will always bend over backwards to assist you when you are at our hotel. You are correct; we have many wonderful dining, shopping, and entertainment options within your fingertips. Next time join us at our onsite restaurant, the Great American Grill, where we serve a fresh, cook-to-order breakfast, dinner, and room service daily. We look forward to seeing back soon!

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Our house had just burnt down and we were homeless until the insurance company put us up at Hilton Garden Inn in Columbia-Harbson. We have spent 4 weeks at the Hilton Garden Inn in Columbia-Harbson and will be staying for 4 months. The employees are the kindest staff we have ever encountered anywhere; wonderful and accommodating. If you want a convenient location and a place that makes you feel like home, this is it! There is a mall down the street and every imaginable restaurant within 6 blocks. Room was updated and clean. The food is really good, like going to an nice restaurant but for a lot less money. This is our home now!!!!

Room Tip: The King Room has an select comfort type bed its great !!!!

Dear Alan1955193,

First, let me tell you how much our hearts go out to your and your family. We are so sorry that you have had to come to us through such a way of unfortunate circumstances. It truly has been a pleasure getting to know you and all of your extended family over the last two months. As we spoke when we first met, you are a part of our family now and our staff will do everything we can to ensure you feel right at home. Please know that all you have to do is reach out to me or any member of our team when you need something. We look forward to serving you in the weeks to come. See you later today!

Reviewed September 5, 2013

this hotel is in an excellent location and is very clean but had a few small problems during our visit, broken elevators, too much chlorine in the pool and no air in the hallways - hopefully it's fixed by now - also no free breakfast

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear Donald K,

Thank you for taking the time to make a review to share your experience with us and our team. I want to personally apologize for the issues you and your family incurred during your recent stay with us. Our intent, as always, is to always provide all of our guests with a smooth, problem-free stay free of any worries. We did have one elevator down due to a bad motor which was quickly replaced. Additionally, our newer Saline system on our pool was not operating properly causing higher than normal levels of choline. Rest assure that we always act swiftly to address any issues in which both of these have been resolved. Our staff's highest priority is to always exceed our guest's expectations by delivering the highest level of service, matched with a 100% problem-free stay. Please contact me upon your next visit to the Columbia area where I can ensure your stay goes perfect. Again, we thank you for your comments. Have a great week!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We spent 4 days at the Hilton Garden Inn in Columbia-Harbiston. The people were wonderful and accommodating. If you want a convenient location......this is it! There is a mall down the street and every imaginable restaurant within 6 blocks.

Room was updated and clean. We didn't eat there so I can't review that. The food looked and smelled good!!!

Room Tip: I always ask for a room away from the elevator and ice machine. This Hilton had the vending machine...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Hognfrog,

Thank you for staying with us recently and sharing your experience with others on Tripadvisor.Yes, we are in the heart of Columbia with everything one could want within your fingertips. If you think our hotel is new and updated now, come back to see us in mid-January. We will be performing a full hotel "Refresh' this winter which is going to be unbelievable. Our entire hotel will be transformed into an experience that will not forget. I promise, you wont be dissapointed! In the meantime, we would love to have you visit us where we will stand ready to serve you. We look forward to seeing you back soon!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

The Hilton Garden Inn Harbison was very nice. My family of 4 stayed 2 nights in the 2 room suite. It was clean and comfortable. The breakfast was amazing, come hungry! Most of the staff was friendly, however upon checkin my husband and 2 kids were standing there and the man gave us only 1 room key...normally they ask if you want 2 and I assumed he would give us 2 since we had 2 kids but I had to go back and ask after we had already walked away. The man never told us about the free wifi either. It was the next day when I realized I didn't have it. The man seemed less than thrilled to be there. The pool and jacuzzi was nice, very clean. It has a very nice outdoor area too if you want to sit in the sun for a while. For anyone with kids wanting to swim, bring eye drops. We all went swimming and my kids' eyes were burning after 1/2 hour in the pool from the chlorine. The pantry by the front desk doesn't carry eye drops so my husband had to run out and get some. Overall we enjoyed our stay and would recommend it. We would stay here again.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

The Hilton Garden Inn Harbison is a pretty nice hotel. I booked the hotel through travelocity after discovering the hotel I had previously booked was very far away from a family reunion I was attending. The room had a single king size bed which was big enough for my mom and I to share and we had more than enough space for each of us. There was also a chair and a fridge and microwave which was great!! We had family memebers over and the concierge was kind enough to bring us some extra chairs. the bathroom and bed sheets were very clean and I was pleased with the stay. Until... the next morning I went to get continental breakfast, which we were invited to upon check in, and they wanted me to pay for it!! Even the basic breakfast cost money! I was not happy, I was really looking forward to a waffle.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Stayed for 1 night on the way from FL to NC. It was easy to get to, near a lot of restaurants and a mall. Staff was all friendly and welcoming, room was comfortable. Only downsides: difficult to adjust shower head settings and while I found the Hilton Adjustable Bed comfortable, my wife said that it hurt her back. I certainly would consider staying there again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Seanbranch, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbia - Harbison, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Dear JohninStPete,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us and others. Our team is dedicated to exceeding all of our guest's expectations and so glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us so much. Next time please contact the Front Desk where someone from our team can come up to show you how to adjust both the shower head and our Garden Sleep System. Keep in mind that our adjustable beds can be adjusted individually per side as you and your wife have different preferences. We want to ensure that both of you enjoy a perfect night's sleep in the future. We look forward to seeing you back soon!