“Great hotel! Great location!!”

Hilton Garden Inn Columbia - Harbison
Ranked #3 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed July 6, 2008

We stayed at this hotel on our trip from FL and we were pleased with the room. It was clean, very comfortable and located in a great part of town.
The front lobby staff was not too friendly, the lady was rather rude but other than that, the stay was great!!!

Thank you!!!!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family

Reviewed June 15, 2008

We just completed a 3-night stay at this property again, and we were delighted with the hotel and the staff there.

When my parents visit Columbia, SC, I often join them and stay at the hotel they've selected. This time, we got two adjoining rooms. One I booked using Hilton Honors rewards points, and the other we booked at a cost of around $100 a night -- a great deal in Columbia.

The front desk staff and restaurant staff (we ate at the breakfast buffet and enjoyed that) were all friendly and pleasant.

The housekeeping staff did a fantastic job on our rooms, being sure to replenish toiletries and bottled water each day. The rooms were spotless.

We encountered no noise from the halls. (We stayed away from the elevators, which may have helped.)

The location of this hotel is very close to the Columbiana Mall area, which features lots of shopping (e.g., Dillard's, TJ Maxx, Sam's) and chain restaurants (Carraba's, Olive Garden, McCallister's, etc.). We found the location to be a plus, as it presented lots of options to please everyone in our group. It's also very close to I-26, which is convenient for getting to the downtown/USC area.

The parking lot was well-lit, grounds were attractive, the lobby was clean and inviting.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank GamecockGirl
Reviewed October 28, 2007

I was excited to stay at this new Hilton in Columbia. My hubby and I were in town for a family wedding and this was a great location for all of our running around. The Harbison area boasts a mall, several surrounding shopping areas, 2 movie theatres, and more than enough restaurants to choose from for dining, billiards, drinks, etc.

This Garden Inn backs up to the interstate but does not seem to pick up on all of the noise. Not sure why one reviewer had a hard time finding the hotel. The hotel is large and has an open parking area. Admittedly the signage near the road isn't great, but the name is on the building. During our stay there were several groups in town for a Carolina game, bowling tournament, conferences at the hotel, and perhaps other weddings/formal events. While the hotel was bustling, I did not feel any of the effects.

There is an excellent buffet breakfast, as well as happy hour. I do not believe the breakfast is included with most rates, but is fairly reasonable if you take advantage of all the full service. My husband just had a waffle and juice each morning and it was about $5.00. I tried something different each day, paying around $8 plus tip (great service throughout meal). Selection includes, waffles, omelets, pancakes, cereals, breads, yogurt, fruit, sausage/bacon, grits, biscuits & gravy, among several other things.

Front desk service was very friendly, as was the housekeeping staff. The room was clean and roomy. Free in-room wireless internet access came in handy, as did the mini-fridge (for our use) and microwave. The king size bed was very comfortable. I looked forward to laying down in it each night.

We had to check out at about 4am on a Monday and there was still a friendly face to greet us at the front desk.

We expect to return to the area next summer and will definitely stay at this Garden Inn again.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 1, 2007

Stay was just ok! Was told hotel was one of the newest in the area we had our event. Location was not the best. I passed the hotel several times before being able to locate it! Once I got there, the staff was just ok nothing to really impress me. Rooms were nice but a little small.

Breakfast wasn't included and was a little pricy so we decided to go down the road for breakfast! There was a group that was on our floor and was pretty noisy! Overall, just ok but alot of other nicer places to stay on this side of town! I will stay somewhere else next time!

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank clemfan
Reviewed May 10, 2007

I called this hotel directly and snagged one of the last rooms for the night. This hotel is located near several restaurants and beside a mall. Open for less than a year, it still feels brand new with beautiful decor and a comfy bed. A small frig for the two free bottled waters was a nice touch. Room 503 had a great view of the parking lot where my vehicle was in sight. A daily Starbucks drinker, I must admit, the complimentary off-brand morning coffee actually tasted pretty good! I did not eat any food at this location. A business office on the lobby floor, open 24 hours, allowed me to check my email and print out a location on mapquest that I needed for my stay. My one night stay for a double bed for one person was $108. I felt very safe at this hotel and feel Columbia, SC does NOT have a lot of attractive hotels, but this one is the one I would highly recommend...especially for single women traveling alone.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled solo
2  Thank Isky
Reviewed April 10, 2007

We stayed at this hotel for two nights, February 23-24. Our stay coincided with a middle-school science fair in town. They placed us right in the middle of the middle schoolers. The kids acted like, well, middle school kids. Did I mention the 5:45 wake up call intended for the kids? Neither the chaperones nor the hotel management seemed interested in riding herd on the kids.

We moved to a different floor for the second night. The kids found their way to that floor too.

After we got home we wrote to the hotel. We did not receive the courtesy of a reply.

Beautiful property but unresponsive management.

Stayed: February 2007
4  Thank rep109
Reviewed February 22, 2007

We visited over Presidents day weekend, 4 nights in a suite, this hotel is great. the location is excellent, right off I 26 exit, next to tons of great restaurants, a huge mall, 2 movie theatres, anything you would ever need for a mini vacation. the staff was polite, went out of their way to help with your needs,etc. The indoor pool and hot tub also was clean,always had towels,very generous hours. I will highly recommend this hotel to anyone, it is brand new also. we are going back in the fall and will stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled with family