Hilton Garden Inn Columbia - Harbison
$129
Sheraton.com
  • Restaurant
$93
All reviewslarge mallgreat hotelfamily reunionrestaurants and shoppingexcellent staythe entire staffindoor poolbreakfast staffomeletfresh fruitbusiness tripclean roomswould definitely stay here againfront desk staffeasy accessstaff was friendlysouth carolina
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Hotel accommodations were good. If you are using the meeting room for a large group of people 40+, do not use their restaurant. They will tell you they could sit 65, yes... if you have them sitting in couches, bar and in the business center. The lunch portion / networking event was ruined because of the lack of space.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Ileana P
Seanbranch, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbia - Harbison, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Dear Ileana P,

I want to sincerely apologize for the issues you experienced during the lunch for your event. Our restaurant does accommodate 48 people with no additional tables added which is what our Food & Beverage team planned for based on your guarantee of 45. Yes, we can also add tables in the restaurant and lobby bringing seating up to 65+ plus which we accommodate on a regular basis with no issues. This was not done in advance based your guarantee number of attendees. Unfortunately, there was some confusion with other guests not with your group in our dining room at the time of your lunch that our team mistook for members of your group. As a result, you are correct, there was not enough seating to accommodate your group. I understand how this resulted in a negative impact on your networking event and can assure you will not reoccur in the future. I have made compensation to your bill today for the inconvenience this caused for you and your attendees. We would very much like to have your business again in an effort to regain your faith in us. Our team always strives to exceed all of our customers’ expectations. Feedback such as yours is what allows us to constantly improve on the experiences we deliver. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you as this is not how we deliver our experiences. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Hilton Garden Inn was in the a great location, very close to I-26 & I-20, the Mall, and a variety of restaurants. The hotel staff was friendly...check in and check out was simple. The hotel was clean and safe. My room was quiet and very comfortable. Breakfast the next morning was very tasty! Only there for a night but would stay again for business or pleasure.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I visit this hotel frequently and always find it to give exceptional service. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The staff is more than accommodating. Location is great, within walking distance to the Columbiana Mall and great restaurants. A five star rating!!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Seanbranch, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbia - Harbison, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Dear Danish11,

I would like to personally thank you for your continued loyalty for our hotel. Your glowing review and kind comments are most appreciated which makes our jobs so rewarding. We will always stand ready to serve you when you are with us. Please let me know if I can ever be of personal assistance to you. Again thank you for the wonderful 5 Star rating!

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Great Location...., Lots of attractions, Lots of shopping, and convenient to I-26 & I-20.. We had folks from across the Southeast and Midwest in for a wedding and held the reception in the hotel. Stephanie was helpful from day 1 in planning the venue and menu, and the hostess staff was friendly and accommodating of every request. Jennifer, Ashley, and Stephanie; Thanks for a great weekend.

Dear Mike A,

We are ecstatic to know that your daughter's wedding reception went so well. Both our Sales Department and our F& B Team focus on your every need to ensure all details for your event goes off without a hitch. All of the employees you mentioned who were involved truly care about the level of service we provide along with ensuring that the experience is a memorable one. I have passed your comments along those specific employees mentioned and the rest of our team. Please pass on our congratulations to the newlyweds! Let us know if anyone at our hotel can be of personal assistance in the future. Thank you again for choosing our hotel to hold this special event!

Reviewed May 14, 2013

I am giving this four stars because every single staffperson we encountered went so out of their way to help with a smile. Otherwise it is a good clean property but nothing exceptional and carpets are a bit worn, sandwiches at the restaurant not particularly good.

I had accidentally booked two rooms for myself and they were kind enough to remove the extra charge even though I should have cancelled by cancellation deadline. Restaurant staff were unfailingly friendly and always offered coffee and frequently checked on us to see if we needed anything. Front desk staff were quick, efficient and polite. When I left the do not disturb sign on my room door and found when I got back at 9 p.m. it had not been made up, room staff agreed immediately to come up and clean the room and bring fresh towels even though it was 9 in the evening and my mistake for leaving the sign on the door. Whenever I wanted something from the pantry the front desk staff quickly and accurately added it to my room charge. When I ordered a bottle of wine from the pantry they immediately offered to bring me a wine glass from the restaurant so I could enjoy the wine in my room or in the lobby. Everyone in the hallways including cleaning staff always greeted me with a smile. If you want top notch service, don't hesitate to stay here.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on an upper floor away from the elevator for maximum quiet.

Dear Evvie_Cambridge,

Thank you for taking the time to recognize our team's dedication to customer service at the highest level. As you mentioned in your review it is a sincere part of our core values to serve our guests with a smiling face and genuine interest for the satisfaction of your stay. You will see that this will be extremely consistent no matter where you encounter one of our team members whether it is at the Front Desk, on the floors, or at our on-site restaurant, the Great American Grill. I am sorry that you feel our carpets are a bit worn as all of our public area carpet is newer and all guestroom/upper floor carpet will be replaced later this year. During this replacement our entire hotel will be renovated for a fresh new look as a part of our continued effort to provide all HGI customers with an outstanding product. While we keep our hotel in exceptionally great condition, who doesn’t like something new? Additionally, I have passed your comments along to our evening chef who receives rave reviews. We will discuss our sandwich offerings to see if we can narrow down what could have gone wrong with your order. When you return in the future, please see me so that I can offer you a complimentary entree to your liking. Feedback such as yours ensures that we are continually improving on everything that we offer. We thank you for your comments and look forward to seeing you back soon!