“We Just Loved Our Stay”

Ranked #4 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Grayson, Georgia
“We Just Loved Our Stay”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We just arrived back home from our quick trip to Columbia. We read all the hotel reviews and decided to wait until we arrived in Columbia before making a reservation. We wanted to actually see the hotels before we made the reservation. I know, I know - what can I say - I guess we love living a little dangerously :-) Fortunately, this hotel (our first choice) had rooms available. This is what we experienced:

When we drove up to the hotel, we saw that it was very well maintained on the exterior - a good sign. The lobby was very welcoming with the fireplace burning nicely as people milled about. When we asked about availability, two of the nicest people at the desk helped us to decide what room we needed. They treated us like honored guests! They were friendly, accommodating and helped us to pick a "suite" instead of a room, and we were not disappointed. My husband and I were traveling with our teenage daughter, and she (as well as us) wanted a little space. The suite was perfect.

When we arrived at our suite, we were very impressed. We had 1-1/2 baths, a kitchenette with a granite countertop, wet bar, microwave and mini refrigerator. There were complimentary bottles of water on the counter for us. All the baths had granite, and the main bath had a separate tub and shower. The tub was a whirlpool tub. There were two TV, too, and a door that connected the two room in case someone wanted privacy. The king bed was firm but excellent for sleeping. The sheets were welcoming and soft. The bed had about 5 super fluffy sleeping pillows. The other room was like a den with a sofa bed; so you essentially had a two room suite. The place was super clean, so clean I was actually shocked. This was the first time in a long time that the place was so clean, I could actually relax and feel at home. Everything smelled nice and fresh, and we were thrilled.

We used the fitness room during our one-night stay. It was not very big, but it was quite adequate with a variety of equipment. There is an indoor pool and Jacuzzi. Everything was very nice. I don't know how old the hotel is, but I guessing fairly new because there wasn't any "odor" or musty, stale air lingering in the hallways and common areas - just a clean smell.

The location was perfect. Right in the middle of commerce and you could find any and everything you wanted, with everything just a "stone's throw" away.

All in all, I can understand the #1 rating of this hotel. We could not find one thing wrong, and we couldn't have been happier. Will definitely stay again.

Tip: If you have kids, or you just want a bigger room, for just a little bit more, go for a suite. They are spacious and offer tons more for the price. We stayed on the 6th floor.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Bev N
Seanbranch, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbia - Harbison, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Dear Bev N,

Thank you for "living on the edge" and choosing us during your recent with visit to the Columbia area, Your posting was an excellent, thorough review of our hotel and amenities we have to offer our guests. No matter who you are be it a first-time guest or familiar face, you will always be treated like an honored guest. We hope that next time you will join us at the Great American Grill, on-site restaurant, where we offer a full cooked-to-order breakfast, dinner, and room service. You can also enjoy a cocktail or beverage in the evenings at our bar where we have some excellent company in our bartenders who can tell you about the city. No matter what you need we will provide it for you or point you in the right direction. We are so glad that you chose us and look forward to seeing you back soon. Thank you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Staff wonderful. Rooms are very clean, breakfast was excellent. The staff is extremely helpful no matter if it is late at night or early in the morning. Located by alot of good restaurants. Be sure to join Hilton Honors program.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank VIKINGS3
Augusta, Georgia
Reviewed February 6, 2013

The general manager and his staff are amazing! Will go above and beyond to satisfy all of your needs! This hotel should be the role model for all Hilton Brand hotels! Excellent location to many restaurants!

1 Thank Brandon O
Honea Path, South Carolina
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Staff was wonderful. Very friendly and very helpful. The room was nice and clean. Had a training seminar at the hotel so was a convienient choice. Lots of restaurants close to hotel to choose from. Parking was fine.

1 Thank Lori P
Chocowinity, North Carolina
Reviewed January 29, 2013

The room WAS EXCELLENT. Fairly priced at $89, but did not include breakfast.

Excellent size and decor, very clean and comfortable. We have enjoyed staying at Hilton and Hampton hotels. Always meet expectations.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank elainew312
Merrimack, New Hampshire
Reviewed January 14, 2013

We can all talk about a hotel or motel that has been nice and clean,but if you want to experience true southern hospitality, you have to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn. Sean Branch and staff will make you feel right at home. The staff at his hotel is a cut above the rest. If you have been trying to train your staff on how to take care of your clients, I think you should send them to stay at this hotel. These people know how it is done! My wife and I found ourselves on the door step of this hotel with no reservations and were taken in and treated like they had been expecting us for months in advance, after being treated horribly at a place we had reservations, made through AMEX. The cleaning staff, the kitchen staff,the bar staff, and the people working the front desk were all on the same page. ( take care of the guests period. )
Thank you to Sean Branch and all the staff at the Hilton Garden Inn Columbia / Harbison keep up the great work!

Room Tip: I can guarantee there is probably not a bad room in the hotel!
1 Thank Steve03054
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I'm only hurting my chances of getting a room by writing this review. Everyone will book here! This is by far, in my opinion, one of the best hotel teams in MetroColumbia - cost isn't everything to me; service and atmosphere is just as important for that restful stay. I get it everytime I stay in Harbison. The cook DOUG is what you what in a breakfast chef, and the wait-staff is awsome. If I don't get a room due to unavailablity at the Harbison Garden Inn, usually change my travel days. I wanted to take the time to thank GM, Sean Branch and his team for the comfort and hospitality afforded to me when I'm traveling away from home. GO COCKS!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Seanbranch, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbia - Harbison, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Dear Steve03054,

Thank you for your wonderful testimony about our staff's dedication to guest service and the art of Southern Hospitality! A very rewarding part of our jobs is that we have the power to change our guest's day not knowing what kind of day they may have had before reaching us. I am pleased to know our service was able to turn an otherwise negative experience into a fantastic one. Our service model is to create a sincere environment where you are at home when with us and are treated with the highest level of service no matter who you encounter on our team. You are most welcome and we look forward to seeing you back with us soon!