“wedding reception and stay”

Hilton Garden Inn Columbia - Harbison
Ranked #3 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed July 4, 2012

I had the pleasure of having my wedding reception here and staying here for my wedding night and the night before I got married. Service was superb and the best staff ever. I was always greeted with a smile. THey were so patient with me and all my hoopla. I had several people helping me the day of my wedding and we required several room cards made at no extra charge. They let me borrow the steamer to steam my dress.

The room: was a suite. It was huge. It had 1 full bathroom and 1/2 bath - toilet and sink and it was still spaciious. The full bathroom - had a jacuzzi/jet tub, glass walk in shower, large vanity/sink. The bed was a sleep number king size bed. Large flat screen tv in room and living room. The living room - had a couch that let out into a bed and 2 seating chairs. The closet was spacious. It also had a wet bar and mini refrigerator. I loved the room. Very comfortable, no smell, AC worked fine (thankfully, because it was hot).

Breakfast - we received 2 free dining coupons for breakfast, otherwise it was $10 for all american breakfast. You ordered your meal and took a number and sat down and was served by staff. They made pancakes, omelets, and more. They had grits, eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuit and gravy and corned beef hash. They had the waffle maker. Fresh fruit and yogurt. Danishes, bagels, toast, and juice station. The food was excellent

Checkout was easy and stressfree. I had never stayed at a Hilton but I definitely would again.

Location - in Harbison near the mall, several other hotels, a large variety of restaurants.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Seanbranch, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbia - Harbison, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2012

Dear naturalme88,

First, a big congratulations is in order for your recent marriage! I sincerely thank you for choosing our hotel to host this special event for you. We appreciate your glowing, detailed review of our property. Our staff really takes ownership of our guests and enjoys being a part of special events such as yours. As your first Hilton experience, I hope that we have made you a loyal customer of our brand. We represent many wonderful hotels amongst a wide selection within the Hilton Family Brand of Hotels. I have shared all your posting with the team who are very excited to know that we exceeded your expectations. We wish you the best of luck and many years of happiness!

Reviewed June 27, 2012

I recently had the absolute pleasure of staying at your Hilton garden inn in Columbia, SC. Your staff was extremely proffesional and made the fact that I was away from home for a week much more bearable. I will be having all of my employees stay at this location whenever we need to do any training in Columbia. I would like to especially thank Briggs,Bianca, and Jonathon for your excellent attention to detail and welcoming personality!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Tim C

Dear Tim C,

The pleasure was all ours to serve you while in Columbia! We understand being away from home, traveling frequently, is not always ideal. Our staff works hard to provide you with a home away from home experience as our team gets to know our guests on a personal level. Thank you for recognizing their dedication to guest service in particular for the associates mentioned. Briggs and Bianca are two of our newest employees who have shined since starting with us. Jonathan has been with us for quite a while; always delivering excellent meals with a sincere smile. I have passed your positive comments along to our team. We look forward to seeing you back soon!

Reviewed June 27, 2012

What a great experience. Every worker at hotel was polite and attentive. Next time im in town again i will certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Dear Kyle M,

Thank you for your recents comments about your stay. Our staff is pleased to see that you enjoyed your experience with us. We look forward to seeing you back with us soon!

Reviewed June 19, 2012

The staff was excellent. Rooms were very clean. Breakfast was excellent. This hotel was a great value compared to other hotels in the area. We really enjoyed our stay here.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family

Dear tjogle,

I would like to thank you for your excellent review of our hotel. Providing a guest experience above all others along with a great price value for our customers is our highest priority. I have passed to your words of praise along to our team who strives to serve all of our guests with the highest level of customer service. Please come back and see us soon!

Reviewed June 15, 2012 via mobile

Enjoyed my get away last weekend. The staff was friendly and the food was awesome.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed June 6, 2012

Stayed here because it seemed to have a nice selection of restaurants nearby, which it does. The staff is extremely helpful and friendly. The breakfast is great, and includes a favorite that I don't normally see at the HGI - corned beef hash. I'll be back.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Tekinidiver

Dear Tekinidiver,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. Yes, our hotel is centrally located to everything you need in Columbia within minutes of shopping, restaurants, and an easy drive to the downtown area. Our full cooked-to-order breakfast is a hidden treasure offering a full array of choices including corned beef hash. Next time please join us in the evening for a drink or dinner where our chefs deliver the same level of food service. We will be waiting for you!

Reviewed June 3, 2012

Just returned from a short business trip to Columbia, SC. While there I stayed one night at the Hilton Garden Inn. Normally I stay at the Hyatt Place, but had a not so great experience there last time, so decided to give the Hilton a shot.

The general areas and rooms are well kept and clean. The staff is friendly and helpful. William at the front desk hooked me up with directions to a local restaurant, as well as toothpaste and a toothbrush since I had forgotten to pack mine. Unfortunately I only had one night, so didn't get to use the pool or fitness center, however I did pass by them and saw quite a few people enjoying themselves. Breakfast was not complimentary, which would have earned the hotel 5 stars. However the price $9.95 is reasonable, and there is an option to get a continental breakfast for around $5.95 for those of us watching our T&E spending.

I was very impressed with the General Manager, Sean. He made it a point to speak with several guests that were having breakfast. He actually took time out of his day to listen to the guests and exchange views on business, the weather, etc... This really impressed me, and quite frankly I can't remember the last time I saw a hotel GM that was as engaged with their quests as Sean was. I found Sean's attitude and energy quite refreshing and uplifting, which is important for those of us who travel a lot and can get worn down with the flying, driving, and dragging suitbags in and out of different hotels. Hilton has a great GM here and I hope they know it!

Room Tip: Rooms away from I-26 are a little quieter. There are several dining options within walking distance...