“Excellent Wedding and Banquet Facility!!!!”

Hilton Garden Inn Columbia - Harbison
Ranked #3 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Columbia, South Carolina
“Excellent Wedding and Banquet Facility!!!!”
Reviewed June 28, 2011

We recently held our daughter's wedding reception at the Hilton Garden Inn in Columbia, SC. We wanted to comment so that others could recognize this "diamond in the rough" in the area for weddings and banquet facilities.
Our entire experience from the initial planning meetings with Joseph Stewart through the reception itself were absolutely flawless and exceeded our expectations across the board.
The food was served promptly and of the highest quality and the catering staff should be commended for both professionalism and kindness. Our bartender that evening (Amber) was absolutely a joy to work with and had something nice to say to everyone.
Absolutely would recommend this beautiful, yet relatively unknown, reception location to others in the area as the service and quality were beyond compare at prices well below comparable venues!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank DrJFine
Seanbranch, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbia - Harbison, responded to this review, July 14, 2011
Thank you for your glowing review of our hotel in regard to the sales and banquet services you experienced with us. We could not have paid for a better advertisement of our hotel... It was truely a pleasure making this special time a memorable event for your daughter. Our staff understands the importance of ensuring that you and your guests receive an experience they will always remember. We are very proud of Joseph and the entire Food and Beverage Team for exceeding all of your expectations. And yes, Amber truly does deliver outstanding customer service . I am pleasedto see your guests enjoyed her serving them throughout your event.

Again, thank you for sharing your comments so that others will be aware of what we can offer. We look forward to seeing you back again for anything you may need. It was our pleasure serving you during this special time!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed June 23, 2011

Our company hosts 2-3 seminar events per month across the country, so we have experienced a variety of levels of service... and have become very particular when selecting a hotel/meeting space. From start to finish, we could not have been more satisfied with our experience at the HGI Columbia/Harbison. Fantastic Sales and Catering staff, fantastic personnel assisting us during the meeting, and amazing front desk service. We will be back again... and again!

1 Thank bpape
Seanbranch, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbia - Harbison, responded to this review, June 27, 2011
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. It is an honor to be listed among your top hotels across the country. Starting you off with a lasting first impression, maintaining that level of service, and having you leave us on a note with all of your expecations being exceeded is our highest priority. I have shared your glowing comments with all key departments named as well as the rest of our team. We are very proud of each of them. It truely was pleasure serving you and your group. We look forward to seeing you back soon!
Reviewed June 23, 2011

I had the pleasure of spending two days at the Hilton Garden Inn at Harbison in the Columbia, SC area. I was visiting on business and received exemplary customer service both days. Arlene at the front desk met my every need. I am in the business of customer services and she exceeded every expectation.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Seanbranch, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbia - Harbison, responded to this review, July 27, 2011
Thank you for sharing your review of our hotel. Customer service is the foundation for all that we set out to do for our guests during their stays. We are very proud to see your comments about Arlene which have been shared with our entire team. I too understand the importance of receiving or not receiving good customer service when doing business. It really does set the tone and distinguishes the competition from one another. I am so glad we exceeded all of your expectations. We look forward to your return so that we may deliver the same experience to you once more!
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed June 20, 2011

I travel often for work and pleasure, my trips for both vary from short to extended periods of time. I find myself staying in all types of hotels good and bad across the country. Traveling as often as I do I am quite accustomed to the mediocrities that most hotels consider customer service. I'll admit I am not the easiest person to please, nor would I actually write a review about a hotel unless I felt compelled to share a particular experience. I was beyond delighted with my experience at the Hilton Garden Inn Columbia/Harbison and would 100% recommend it for all traveling through the Columbia area whether it be business or pleasure. The grounds were well groomed, my room and linens were very clean, and the beds are very comfortable. But the main reason my stay is review-worthy is I was welcomed, and actually felt welcomed by Brent at the counter who swiftly checked me in graciously catered to my initial requests for extra towels, wake up calls and late check-out on my departure date. This was immediately taken care of and he even checked later that night to ensure it had been taken care of and if I needed anything else. This continued throughout my stay, I have never had an employee of a hotel be so accommodating throughout the full length of my stay. I frequent the Columbia area and will be making the Hilton Garden Inn my hotel of choice, thanks so much Brent for making my stay delightful rather than ordinary!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank trav3l3r_88
Service, service, service is what we are all about! Customer service is not dead at the Hilton Garden Inn, Columbia/Harbison. Our staff stands ready to serve you for any requests or needs you may have for us. It appears that Brent really shined throughout your stay which I have personally shared with our entire staff. He is one of our newest Guest Service Associates at the Front Desk who is doing a fantastic job serving our guests. I am glad you thought so too! We are also glad to know that we provided you with a problem-free stay with everything you expected and hopefully more... Thank you for sharing a great posting with other potential travelers. We look forward to seeing you back with us soon no matter what the occasion may be that brings you to Columbia area.
Reviewed June 20, 2011

This was my 12th stay at this property. Upkeep is excellent. Beds are very comfortable. Staff is courteous. Food is great.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
North Augusta, South Carolina
Reviewed June 14, 2011

I just got back from a training seminar that was held at this hotel. I must admit, this was a really pleasant place. I arrived the night before my class around 5 p.m. and they had fresh baked cookies on the front counter which made my little girl very happy and they had 2 free beer/wine per guest until 6 p.m. which made me happy.
Everyone that I encountered was very friendly and asked how your stay was going and if they could get me anything. I really appreciate a business in today's time remembering what makes them their money, the customer. Great job by everyone there for showing their Southern Charm and Hospitality.

Reviewed June 7, 2011

I have stayed here 20 weeks in a row and the entire team goes out of their way to make my visits pleasant and comfortable.
I have stayed in hundreds of hotels and the Harbison Garden Inn is right at the top.

• Stayed June 2011