“Wonderful Stay, just a little disappointed”

Hilton Garden Inn Columbia - Harbison
Ranked #4 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Lake Forest, Illinois
“Wonderful Stay, just a little disappointed”
Reviewed March 30, 2011

Stayed at the HGI on our way to Savannah/Hilton Head and the hotel was wonderful. The rooms are so clean and the beds are for blissful sleep. We had called from the road and when we arrived our key and check in was already handled and waiting for us.
Arrived in Savannah the next day and realized that I had left an item behind in the room, called immediately was very politely told they would look into the matter and call me right back. NO CALL. Late the following day called again to see if any word and again very politely told will look into the matter and this time I tried by giving them an e-mail. STILL NO E-MAIL. I understand the item is gone by now but would have really appreciated a response back that we looked and had no luck finding what you left.
Great place to stay, just make sure to leave with all your belongings!!!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Seanbranch, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbia - Harbison, responded to this review, April 1, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us about your recent stay. I must say that I am very disappointed that we ended your experience by not following up on your inquiry. Our Lost and Found procedure and related guest follow-up is something that I prioritize on with my team on a constant basis. It appears that we dropped the ball on following up with you in regard to your left item. I did track down the series of events and your information with the Front Desk and my Executive Housekeeper. I am sorry to say that we did not find your items. Communication is key and following up with our guests for any reason is important especially when in regard to your personal items. My Executive Housekeeper in the midst of a very busy week did not send you an email in which he sends his most sincere apologies. I have retrieved your information from our system and will be mailing you a $50 gift certificate today to replace your misplaced items. Please accept this as a token of our appreciation for you staying with us.

We are very pleased to know that other than this issue you really enjoyed your stay with us. Providing our guests with a problem-free stay in all areas is a goal we strive for every day. I will be sharing you survey with my team. We look forward to seeing you back with us again in the future. Have a great weekend!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed March 19, 2011

Gary Portnoy and Judy Hart Angelo have no clue that there’s a little place in Columbia, SC that warms the heart in that familiar way that “Cheers” portrayed a place where a group of locals meet to relax, chat and have fun. From the moment you step into the Hilton Garden Inn Columbia/Harbison until you leave, you are recognized, greeted and genuinely asked “how is your day going”, with the “can we do anything for you” implied and sincerely offered.

Having traveled the past year to this location, I have the honor of being greeted by name when I check in (meet Carol, David and Barbara at the front desk); a glass of wine at the waiting by the attentive bar staff (meet Joey, who not only is the hardest working man in bar business but also doubles as waiter, maître de, and nightly entertainment; and a chef (meet Jeremiah) in the restaurant that can push the boundaries of your culinary palette (morel mushroom bruschetta, lamb chops with a fig demi glaze), while also making the best Mediterranean pizza, burger or firecracker shrimp in town. And if you just want a BLT, ask. Since I’m a foodie I’m going to say it again… between Jeremiah’s over the top food preparation ability (think the movie “When Harry Met Sally” – you know… “yes… yes… yes!”… “I’ll have what she’s having” and Joey’s attentiveness to make sure you enjoy your dining experience; this is it. Folks whether you are from in town or visiting from out of town, you need to stop by or stay in.

So for those of you that only look for a “clean bed and bathroom” type of place and race around town looking for familiar chains in which to wine and dine – take note. They do it differently in this little part of the world. Sit down, relax, and leave the car keys in the room. Met the person sitting next to you, have a drink, share a story, have a laugh, (cue the music maestro)… Making your way in the world today…

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank snyderdr
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed March 14, 2011

My friend and I stayed at this hotel for a meeting in Columbia. We arrived approximately 3 hours prior to CI time, and the hotel was able to accommodate us. We were flexible, and so were they. The room was clean, and the beds were comfortable. We ended up with a handicap access room, so the bathroom was very large. Again the bathroom was clean, and the provided Neutrogena products were excellent. The hotel is in a good location as there are two large malls very nearby, and several restaurant options are available. I will say that traffic into downtown Columbia tends to be trying, but it all depends on what you want - closer to downtown for more money or a little distance (approximately a 8 miles on interstate) and plan accordingly. It worked great for us! I have stayed at this hotel previously, and I will do so again without hesitation.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Seanbranch, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbia - Harbison, responded to this review, March 15, 2011
Thank you for sharing your experience with us and other travelers on Tripadvisor.com. We are very pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with our hotel so much. We strive to deliver our guests a stay that exceeds all of their expectations each and every time. Our front desk team will stand ready to accommodate you with any requests or needs you may have. Hotel and guest room cleanliness is imperative among our housekeeping team and we are glad you feel the same. Traffic can fluctuate depending on the day and time, but our Front Desk Associates can help direct alternate routes that are less congested.

Again, thank you for visiting the Hilton Garden Inn, Columbia and we look forward to seeing you back soon. Next time you stay with us we invite you to try our delicious on-site restaurant, the Great American Grill, serving a full breakfast buffet, dinner, and room service. See you soon!
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed February 28, 2011

The Hilton Garden Inn located in Columbia, S.C. has the best staff/service out of all the hotels that I have visited. I actually look forward to going on business trips in the area because I know that I will be treated well and be centrally located to all the major attractions in Columbia. The only negative aspect of the hotel is that it stays booked and you need to make your reservations well in advance.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank 1Lanc
Thank you for sharing your glowing review of our hotel on Tripadvisor.com! Staff service is a key pillar in our guest experience model that is delivered by each of our team members here at the Hilton Garden Inn, Columbia/Harbison. When staying with us you are at home as you will always be treated like family. You are the reason why we are here and our staff stands ready to serve you. I agree we do stayed sold out regularly so make sure to book your reservations in advance. If you ever have an issue getting a reservation at our hotel, please contact me personally so I can coordinate you a room. We don't want to miss any opportunity by sending you to another hotel. Consider us your new home when away from home.

Thank you again for your time and comments. We look forward to seeing you back soon!
Taylors, South Carolina
Reviewed February 20, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel since its opening and I would not stay anywhere else in Columbia, SC. Sean and his staff always make you feel at home and I have never had any problems. The food and the service are excellent.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank KennyM_11
Seanbranch, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbia - Harbison, responded to this review, February 21, 2011
Thank you for sharing your experience of our hotel on Tripadvisor.com. I would personally like to thank you for your continued loyalty of our property over the last four years. It is serving guests such as yourself that makes our jobs worthwhile. You will always have a home away from home when staying with us. Exceeding all of our guest's expectations is what we set out to do every day. I will be passing your additional comments on to our Food and Beverage department today who will be very pleased to hear your postive feeback. They will be rolling out a new spring menu in the next couple of weeks so stay tuned...

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you back soon!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed February 2, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel several times now. For bing a Hilton, its rates are usually less expensive then its sister hotel, Hampton Inn.

Rooms are nicely done and comfortable.

The (paid) breakfast is nicely done with lots of items to pick from.

The parking lot usually full and difficult to find parking for trucks pulling trailers.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank AtlFemaleTraveler
Seanbranch, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbia - Harbison, responded to this review, February 19, 2011
Thank you for sharing your experience with us on Tripadvisor.com. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us as a frequent guest. Build your loyalty and exceeding all of your expectations is our staff highest priority. We hope that next time you will take advantage of the hotel's other amenities such as our PreCor Fitness Center, Indoor Spa/ Pool, and our restaurant for dinner or room service.

I am sorry that you have found a difficult time parking due to our hotel frequently being sold out in conjunction with banquets. Our Guest Service Agents will be more than happy to direct you to close by parking for your truck with a trailer.

Thank for sharing you again for sharing your comments. We look foward to seeing you back soon!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed January 24, 2011

I stay on the road three weeks of every month and this is the best holte has the best service of all. The entire staff makes you feel at home. From Amber at the desk to the best bar tender in this town Joey. I keep comming back because of fokes like this

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank bum2b
Thank you for sharing your experience with us and other potential travelers on Tripadvisor.com. Providing our guests with the highest level of service is the foundation of our core values. The Hilton Garden Inn, Columbia should always feel like home to you. We understand the importance of this to the road warriors like yourself. Whether you are dining in our restaurant or meeting a Room Attendant in a hallway, you should always receive the same level of customer service. Serving our guests is what makes our jobs worthwhile.

Thank you for allowing us to serve you. We look forward to seeing you back soon!