“Barbeque is colors not found in nature”

Maurice's Piggie Park BBQ
Ranked #468 of 974 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine
Description: South Carolina's Favorite Barbeque! Real BBQ, Cooked on our Hickory Wood-Fired Pits for 24 Hours!We cook our BBQ the old fashioned way, over hickory coals for 24 hours to optimize that smoky flavor with no preservatives or chemicals! Taste our Ribs, Chicken, & Brisket, and one of the Best Burgers in Columbia! Family Owned and Operated since 1953.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Barbeque is colors not found in nature”
Reviewed December 21, 2012

My family stopped her on a road trip to North Carolina. Unfortunatly, We knew nothing about this restaurant, so we decided to eat there. The staff was accomadating and pleasant with a southern charm. However, the food was quite terrible. I understand that South Carolina bbq is mustard based, but this bbq was glowing bright yellow. The bun was squishy and soaked in mustard, the actual bbq had a horrible taste, and the hush puppies, onion rings, and fries were just a greasy mess. We left with grease balls covered with mustard in our stomachs. I DO NOT recommend this place.

1 Thank doubtmenot

Columbia, South Carolina
“Bad Experience”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

The food was not good and the service was poor and maybe that's because it was sort of busy. But I will not return..........

Visited August 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“Great hash & rice, not so great brisket”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I saw the sign on the interstate and thought I would try it out. I am not a big fan of the southeastern style mustard based sauces as I prefer a dry rub or tomato based sauce. The brisket was a little on the dry side but had a good flavor. The hash & rice was great and the cole slaw tasted like dill pickles. It was Ok for something a little different but not my next time through.

• Visited December 2012
“Bad food, dirty run down restaurant.”
Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

I love BBQ, but this place is an insult to my senses. I have no clue how this local chain has lasted as long as it has. Avoid this place.

Lexington,KY
“BBQ wasn't anything to write home about”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

The BBQ we had was average, hush puppies were hard, but the mustard based sauce was very good for a change. Wouldn't want to make it a weekly happening. A bit pricey for what we got, service was decent, and the restaurant was clean.
I think much better BBQ could be had in Columbia.

• Visited October 2012