“Average Italian Restaurant”

Travinia Italian Kitchen & Wine Bar
Ranked #53 of 1,013 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Travinia Italian Kitchen Northeast introduces you to the finest traditional Italian food available this side of the Mediterranean, or at least in the Columbia area. Travinia Italian Kitchen has been serving the Northeast area for over ten years. Our exquisite food is all produced in our restaurant fresh by one of the finest Chefs in South Carolina. Whether you wish to be served in our wonderful restaurant atmosphere, or have a special event catered from our kitchen straight to yours, we assure you superior service,delicious contemporary American Italian fare. We offer an amazing experience, whether you wish to dine in, carry out, have an event fully catered, or you just want to impress the in-laws we will work together to create the perfect experience from service to food. Join us for lunch or dinner any day of the week.
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Neither the waitress nor the bartender knew what a Bellini was. The restaurant was busy as was our waitress who seemed distracted. I ordered a calamari appetizer which never came (the waitress did ask when serving our entrees if we wanted the calamari). I had to ask twice for the water which we had requested when ordering our drinks. My wife had a spinach and fried goat cheese salad. The two lumps of fried goat cheese which were served were very hard and not recognizable as goat cheese. My veal picatta was very tasty and not tough but I was only able to spot two capers. However, anything cooked with butter, lemon juice and capers is going to be good to me. I have paid less at really good restaurants. However, this place is one of the busiest restaurants in Northeast Columbia.

1  Thank Turtlemac

Reviewed December 20, 2012

If you're into Italian food, skip this place. On my first visit I got chicken marsala and it was not even recognizable as far as seasonings and flavor.
My second visit I tried something that is absolutely hard to mess up...plain spaghetti w/ meat balls. It tasted as though it was poured out of a Bertolli jar, warmed up a bit (actually, that's not true, Bertolli would have been much better). It came in a HUGE bowl that looked more like a mixing bowl, which was totally unappetizing.
What can I say except that it is food that most any Italian could not and would not eat.

1  Thank kn0wg00df00d
Reviewed November 15, 2012

I had the pescatora and my husband had the flounder. Both dishes were cooked perfectly. The service was great and ambience nice. Only con, it was chilly in the restaurant, so we ate with our coats on.

We would definitely eat here again if in the area.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We have frequented Travinia's many times with friends. Always a positive experience. This visit, my husband had the Filet Madeira which was cooked and served to perfection. I had the veal Marsala - also delicious. The four of us enjoyed drinks, our meals and lots of laughs for 3 hours. Never felt rushed. Our server was really a nice guy and very attentive.

1  Thank Peggy C
Reviewed November 5, 2012

we were there for lunch on a Sunday so it was not too crowded. the food was very good. the shrimp pasta was wonderful. the restaurant setting was very unique. the service was excellent. the server was very friendly but still professional. we will be back.