“Amazing!”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Buffet
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Yes, it's a fairly typical US-style "all-you-can-eat" buffet and it's in a pretty unexciting large room decorated with military flags, but what makes it special is the food. A whole range of Southern staples - barbecued pork and chicken, fried chicken and fish with all the "sides" you would expect in this part of the country - all excellently prepared. The restaurant is efficiently run and the food just keeps on coming: it's a great experience and a great meal. Well worth a long detour.

Reviewed May 7, 2014

Little Pigs is your typical, buffet-style BBQ joint. However it stands out as one of the larger, and fresher restaurants of its kind. They have a really nice selection of meat - including BBQ 3 ways (ketchup, vinegar and mustard based). They even have a whole pig set out for a true "pig-picking" experience. For other meats, there is fried fish, pork chops, brisket, meatloaf, fried chicken and my favorite - chicken gizzards (something not commonly found). They have plenty of veggies to fill out the plate (although the collard greens were a bit sweeter than my preference). Finally, they have a small selection of desserts - the banana pudding was fine, but the chocolate delight (with peanut butter) was the real hit at our table. Speaking of tables - they have long tables that can accommodate larger groups, but they are close together. The room can get a little loud, so conversations can be hard to hear. Lastly, I wasn't crazy about the plastic utensils - it sort of cheapened the experience. However, as mentioned - the food is the star - and it shines.

1  Thank bkmonkey
Reviewed April 21, 2014

We had lunch at Little Pigs and could not believe how wonderful it was. The sides are tasty and clearly homemade. The Mac and cheese made my day. There were many different kinds of barbecue. Of the three kinds of pulled pork (vinegar, mustard or tomato based sauces) we tried both the vinegar and tomato. Both were excellent. The chicken gizzards were a big hit with my husband. I saw fried chicken, pork chops, sausage. Chicken livers and more other options than I could ever try. The fried okra and collard greens were prepared perfectly and the hush puppies are not to be skipped. The banana pudding is worth saving space for and the whole meal was less than twenty bucks. The restaurant is classic southern barbecue in design. I was puzzled by the people who complained about group seating. There were some large group style tables and there were lots of smaller tables that seat two to four people. This place was fabulous and we can't wait for another chance to eat there!

1  Thank RebeccaL230
Reviewed April 17, 2014

This was my 4th visit 2nd with the family. Great food and better value. Excellent assortment of fresh southern barbeque with all the sides. Do not come here with the idea that this is a fancy place...it is family style eating! Styrofoam plates and plastic ware. But the food is very good. It's a very family friendly place where you will not leave hungry. My Wife said it was better this year than our last visit, my kids claim this place has the best MAC N CHEESE ever I was able to try the chiken gizzards this time and they were great the only thing missing was fried green tomatoes....Will definitely be stopping here again and recommending to anyone I know going up/down 77 in SC!! I look forward to this place when ever we go to Florida

1  Thank dteenergy2013
Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

This was my second visit with the family. Great food and better value. Excellent assortment of fresh southern barbeque with all the sides. Not a fancy place...Styrofoam plates and plastic ware. But the food is very good. It's a very family friendly place where you will not leave hungry. Check it out....

1  Thank bidnesstravelr