“VBM Usher's Birthday Brunch” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Little Pigs Barbecue

Little Pigs Barbecue
Ranked #3 of 962 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Columbia, South Carolina
“VBM Usher's Birthday Brunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

We celebrated 2 birthdays for VBM Usher Board on 9/15/13. I hadn't been there since 2003. Michele picked it because she heard about it but never been there. We had a great time and the food was off the chain. I enjoyed everything from fried chicken liver, ribs, homemade pot pie, pork chops, vinegary pulled pork bbq, fried chicken, a variety of veggies.The macarooni and cheese was the boom. I wasn't too keen on the collards, because they had sugar in them and I'm use to salt jowls, salt and peppers in mines, but the cabbage was good. I can't vouch for everything on the menu, because there is some items that I don't eat. I can only vouch for what I tried and it was good. If you're ever in Columbia, South Carolina, you need to try it.

Denmark, South Carolina
““Go for the meat! Plenty of protein without busting the bank. A hearty meal for someone on a budget.””
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

Went for my first time on a Friday evening at around 6:15 PM with a group of about thirty. Little Pigs had reserved seating for us at a large table since our group had called well in advance. The parking lot was full. There was a line that took about ten minutes to work my way up to the register to pay my nine bucks or so. The place was packed. This is a family style buffet restaurant in a cafeteria setting. Many selections of meat; chicken, fish, brisket, ribs and pulled pork with dozens of sides and basic desserts. My favorite meats were the brisket and the plain, un-sauced pulled pork. Can’t beat the price. I got enough without over stuffing. It was a good place for our group. Everyone seemed satisfied. The service was friendly. Well worth a stop especially if you are traveling through or in the Northeast area of Columbia - just off of I-20 at Alpine Road, or a short trip off I77 at exit 15A.

Visited September 2013
“This is not BBQ and if it's a southern home cookin buffet it's a bad one too!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

BBQ sauce is blah. Brisket and ribs are tough. Omg are those ribs horrible! The fried chicken was so bad nobody was touching it. Mashed potatoes werent even made with potatoes...can you say boxed! Honestly I don't know where these excellent rating people have eaten before but the food here is downright awfull!
The price you can't beat but that's because you can't charge any more for this "food".

• 1 of 5 bubbles
Columbia, South Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome home cooking”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

Little Pigs is AWESOME!!!!! I wasn't sure what to expect but it was like grandma's homecoming where you can't get enough. I ended up going for lunch and then took my out of town family that same night for dinner. Highly recommend this family style restaurant, no foofoo decor or attitude there.

Pinehurst
“Amazing Variety, Great Prices, Great Buffet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

Wow.....six different types of BBQ and sauces, chicken, fish, hushpuppies, dozens of sides, good desserts in a clean/friendly buffet environment. Flew into CUB in my plane and got a car and tried this out and will return often. Would recommend as one of the best buffets anywhere.