“Check your Bill before you pay”
Review of Blue Marlin

Blue Marlin
Reserve with OpenTable
Blue Marlin is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 974 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
“Check your Bill before you pay”
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Food was very good, but check your bill.I paid $2.00 more for my salad than what the menu stated and 1$ more for the shrimp & grits. Loved everything about my experience, but had a little buyers remorse over not checking my bill.

• Visited May 2014

• Korean first
Modesto, California
“Good seafood - lots of fried items on menu”
Reviewed May 1, 2014

We were in town to tour USC and met my cousin (a USC alum) at the Blue Marlin. We ate at a table in the bar and had an awesome waiter. My husband and I each ordered a sampler platter. The crab cakes were very good. The flounder was an ample size portion and good, but had a lot of breading. (Many of the items on the menu are fried.) The restaurant allowed me to substitute fried shrimp i the platter for a cup of their grits appetizer - which contains shrimp and sausage. By far, the best item we had - until dessert! Desserts are definitely big enough to share and all very good.

We lingered over our dinner and desserts and never felt rushed. The waiter had a good sense of humor and gave us some great information about the town. We will go back if we return to Columbia.

Memphis
“A Great Surprise”
Reviewed April 29, 2014

We found the Blue Marlin by chance. Our dining experience turned out to by excellent. My husband and I ordered the same evening's special. Mine was perfect in every way and tasted superb. My husband's piece of meat was tough and tasteless. The waiter quickly presented a new serving which was excellent. His concern and care was very sincere. The atmosphere was excellent and by the time we finished our meal the place was filled to capacity and the crowd was hopping.

1 Thank MissMem
Columbia, South Carolina
“Great Food!! Great Ambience !!”
Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

Went here last night. The food was great. Service great. Location and ambience perfect. Will visit again.

Anchorage, Alaska
“Worst meal I've ever had. ”
Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

Went here for a romantic Valentines dinner, we did not get that. First there was something generally unpleasant about our waitress. We ordered wine and the crab cakes, which was the only edible part of our meal. For our main course we had the salmon and the flounder. The flounder and sides were bland and over breaded. My sides were cold upon arrival and my salmon was undercooked. When brought to the attention of the waitress, she informed me that "they cook their fish medium well there and next time to ask for well done". Apparently I fell off the wagon yesterday. Then for some reason we ordered dessert hoping for the best but the brownie was just dry and crunchy. This was the most disappointing meal I've ever had because it was a special occasion and the cost of the meal was outrageous for what we received. We still left the waitress $20 and that was a BAD tip!

Been to Blue Marlin? Share your experiences!