“Big Bank for your Buck” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Blue Marlin

Blue Marlin
Reserve with OpenTable
Blue Marlin is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 961 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Travelers Rest, South Carolina, United States
“Big Bank for your Buck”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

After visiting the Blue Marlin, I came to the conclusion that it's by far one of the best meals I've ever had. It's also definitely safe to say that you get a lot of bang for your buck! The atmosphere is absolutely beautiful, the outside dining area is a great way to people-watch and check out other stores and restaurants around the Vista, and the food is delicious and satisfying. The Shrimp and Grits is probably my favorite dish, though. So check it out! It's a better atmosphere for nice dinners, not necessarily a place to bring children. If you enjoy seafood and dessert, this is the place for you!

• Korean first
Brookline, New Hampshire
“Excellent Southern Cuisine with a Twist”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

I met colleagues there for dinner. The service was excellent. I had the Shrimp and Grits and it was wonderful. There was very nice outside seating and the dining room was also nice.

“Excellent stop”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

I was traveling to the smokie mountains and googled restaurants in Columbia. We chose Blue Marlin because of the reviews. They were right!
We were there middle of the week for dinner. We were able to easily park. We walked in and were immediately impressed with the decor. Very upscale. The glass behind the bar was captivating. The service was good. The food tasted awesome. I asked the waiter for a recommendation and had the Salmon Pontchartrain. It was the best of the 4 things we ordered. Others got the fried fish, grits and shrimp and the stuffed flounder.
The price was appropriate for the setting about $25 per person.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Most unprofessional staff ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

It was essential that we pick up the tab for our guests, for reasons I won't go into. I was first in party to arrive and cleared with hostess that the check for our table must come to no one but me; hostess assured me this would be no problem, and that I should inform our table's server. I immediately made crystal clear to the server that it was essential that the check be delivered to me personally and that under absolutely no circumstance was anyone but me to pay for our table.
Secretly, she accepted payment from our guests, in flagrant disregard of and disrespect for my stated request.
The food was mediocre at best, certainly not competitive with other less-promoted establishments in that community. Harper's has much superior shrimp and grits, and far superior wait staff.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Florida
“A little disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

Chose to eat here for the atmosphere but was disappointed in the food. That said - if you like comfort or low country food you will probably like it. Lots of grits and mashed potatoes. Would have liked some healthier options. Ordered the ribeye over the filet as the filet was bacon wrapped and in my experience you can still taste the bacon if they take it off before cooking.
The ribeye was cooked as ordered but was quite fatty - not a good cut of meat. Would probably not return but as I said "southern foodies" might like it.

• 3 of 5 bubbles