“Excellent grits and pineapple drink!”
Review of Blue Marlin

Blue Marlin
Ranked #5 of 998 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed March 19, 2013

The grits were amazing and the signature drink was a "pineapple something" that is not to be missed. Other than the grits, the food seemed to be either really spicy or quite bland. The freshness of the food, however, outweighed this. The atmosphere and service were great and I would eat there again. Be sure to try the grits!

Reviewed March 18, 2013

The Blue Marlin was the first restaurant I tried when making several trips to Columbia, SC for work. First time was the charm! I've since been back 8-10 times. I recommend the Ahi Tuna entree and the Firecracker Shrimp appetizer.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Love this place, really good menu and always something different to order. The chefs at Blue Marlin really provide an excellent menu, not the same boring food. We love the atmosphere and the staff is great.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

A group of 9 of us eat at the Blue Marlin with excellent service and excellent food. Everyone's order came out correctly and well done. The waiter was attentive and interacted well with the group. I definitely would recommend the Blue Marlin. Did I say the building itself is worth the visit? If not, it is!

Reviewed March 15, 2013

The restaurant decor is nice. The service is top notch. For the prices, I think the food could have been better and the portions a bit bigger. I had the Mahi Orleans. It came with garlic mashed potatoes and sauted fresh green beans. The fish was cooked perfectly. It had a sauce made with chunks of crabmeat and three small shrimp. The sauce was OK, but not great. I was served a small, warm, in house baked, loaf of bread that was excellent (and I am not a bread person). It was served with whipped butter. I ate at the bar and the two bartenders were outstanding. Both used just the right amount of smiling chit chat without being annoying. They were extremely friendly and helpful with some questions I had about Colubia (first time there). I didn't have a mixed drink, but they all looked good and well made. They have a decent wine list, although I did not have any wine either. I would go back again. As stated, it was good but not spectacular. As stated in a previous review, the presentation was very average for this type of restaurant. Give it a try, but don't expect it to be ultra superlative.