“Didn't find the shrimp and grits to be award winning”
Review of Blue Marlin

Blue Marlin
Reserve with OpenTable
Blue Marlin is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 978 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
“Didn't find the shrimp and grits to be award winning”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Great atmospher. Great service. I found the shrimp and grits to be mediocre. I also had the appetizer sampler and must say the majority of it was good, but the fried green tomatoes were the worst I have had.

Visited February 2013

• Korean first
Springdale, Arkansas
“Great seafood, nice atmosphere!”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Have eaten here a few times when in Columbia on business. We always leave a night in the schedule to come here for some really great seafood. The service has always been adequate & timely. The gumbo & shrimp and grits are really good. I have heard only good things about the food from members of our group.

• Visited May 2012
Peoria, Arizona, United States
“Pretty good food”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We liked the location. We dined outside because it was a nice day & the inside was a bit too dim. The really low lighting was not desirable. The prices were reasonable. The calamari was delicious. The ravioli was ok. The flounder had too much breading & not enough flavor. Our waiter was great.We might give them another try if ever in the area again.

Visited February 2013
West Columbia, South Carolina
“First visit.”
Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

After living in Columbia for 20+ years we finally went to this establishment. We both ordered the shrimp and grits appetizer, very tasty. For an main course I ordered the shrimp creole, it had a good taste but the rice was undercooked and crunchy. I sent the dish back (I have never done before) and asked for another dish of shrimp and grits which I was very pleased with. The server was very cordial and understanding. I was pleased overall by the experience. Price for the dishes were about $11, not bad. Great location on the middle of the Vista.

“Food was OK”
Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

While visiting from VA, we stopped in to try Blue Marlin. I got the gumbo, which was great, as an appetizer. I ordered the fried shrimp, fish, and crab cake entree and was very disappointed. The fish fillet was thin and overlooked and the crab cake was burnt on the bottom. I sent the crab cake back and was brought a second one that was prepared in the same manner. The server told me that it was not burnt, but seared and that it was normal. I sent the second back and was offered a dessert in place of dinner. The manager did not come by nor remove the dinner from our bill.

We will not be back ever