“Disappointing”
Review of Blue Marlin

Blue Marlin
Reserve with OpenTable
Blue Marlin is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 984 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Columbia, South Carolina
“Disappointing”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

We heard that this restaurant had great food. It is a converted train station. We were a party of four and we all agreed that the entrees were overpriced for the quality and portion. Our waitress was abrupt and when I asked politely to have my water refilled she ignored me. The fish was dry and rubbery. The atmosphere is comfortable but there are many better restaurants all within a stone's throw of this one. Choose another and you will be more satisfied.

Visited October 2012

• Korean first
“Not the same...”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I have been a patron of the Blue Marlin for over 10 years. Unfortunately the food, both portion and quality, have suffered. The atmosphere feels more like that of a chain restaurant than that of a local, well-established go-to dining establishment.

• Visited July 2012
Murrells Inlet
“Great service”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Food and service were great. We stopped in without a reservation with a party of 7. They were very accommodating. The grits that came with my meal were the best I've ever had. If I had to complain about anything it would the amount of wine we got for 10.00 per glass. I will definitely go back to this restaurant again

New England
“Shells in my soup”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I have visited this restaurant and not been disappointed. This time (September 24, 2012) I was. I was alone on business and decided to eat at the bar. I started with the She Crab Soup. It was very flavorful but unfortunately every other spoon full had small pieces of crab shell. I expect one or two but it was loaded. It distracted from the flavor. I had a Cesar Salad with grilled shrimp. The shrimp was cooked just right but the salad was not crisp but was rather limp like it had been sitting in the dressing too long. Bartender was attentive and made a nice Beefeater and tonic.

• Visited September 2012
MO
“Good Restaurant”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

We ate outside. Sounded really noisy inside with a full football weekend crowd. Good selection...well prepared...pleasant servers. Shrimp & grits and firecracker shrimp were good appetizers, She crab soup and crab cakes were good. They even had a special side of tasty collard greens. Wandered the Vista shops after.

• Visited September 2012

Been to Blue Marlin? Share your experiences!