“A must when you are in Columbia!”
Review of Blue Marlin

Blue Marlin
Reserve with OpenTable
Blue Marlin is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 1,004 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed December 18, 2011

We were in Columbia on December 16 and went to the Blue Marlin on the recommendation of a co-worker that grew up in Columbia. What a WONDERFUL place. The food was outstanding, the service was great, the atmosphere was delightful!

My husband had steak and loved it. I had the North Carolina Grouper with the tortilla slaw on the recommendation of the waiter... What a great choice! It was perfectly prepared and had a really great flavor! And the slaw was a really light and refreshing side. It was so good I had more of that rather than splurging on dessert!

We were pleasantly surprised with the Blue Marlin and would highly recommend it!!!

1  Thank Vik33
Write a ReviewReviews (1,187)

Reviewed December 6, 2011

This restaurant is attractively situated in the historic Seaboard Railway Station near downtown Columbia. My Salmon Pontchartrain was wonderful. Nice ambiance, good service, great Lowcountry cuisine all moderately priced. I'll be back.

Reviewed November 28, 2011

Blue Marlin is a great choice for Lunch or Dinner. They are centrally located in the Vista in what looks to be a converted train station. The beautiful wood paneled interior is inviting as is the blue lights accenting the bar. The menu features South Carolina Low Country cuisine and the generous portions of food are served up with a touch of Southern hospitality sure to leave you satisfied. Any of the fried seafood selections are great, as are the Shrimp & Grits or the Salmon Pontchartrain with its blackened shrimp and scallops in a creamy mornay sauce. Start with a bowl of She Crab soup, Fried Green tomatoes or the Signature BLT salad. I can't say I've ever had room for dessert, but I'm sure that whatever your choice you'll have a unique and memorable dining experience at the Blue Marlin.

Reviewed November 18, 2011

I had a terrific dinner at Blue Marlin last night. Although I don't recall our server's name, he was excellent at recommending the restaurant's most popular dishes and what he considered the better dishes. By far, they have the best shrimp and grits that I've ever had. If you're not big on the dish, at least try the appetizer portion, just to taste. In reality, after eating the appetizer I was quite full. Should I return to the Columbia area, I will definitely go back!

Reviewed November 18, 2011

This place has wonderful steaks and the best Shrimp and Grits ever.