“I wanted fish for dinner”

Saluda's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Saluda's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 969 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Greene street
Prescott, Arizona
“I wanted fish for dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

We stumbled upon Saludas, because I was looking for seafood. I was not disappointed. My husband and I shared the Empanadas and Fried Green Tomatoes. I had the Pan Seared Grouper an he had the Shrimp and Grits. Everything tasted delicious. We would def reccomend this restaurant.

columbia
“Overrated by so many, how come?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

We were there tonight for a special occasion. We reserved our place and had their promotional coupon from livingsocial site. What a crappy service, maybe because we used a coupon. With a coupon we still ended up paying as much as one could eat in a very decent restaurant. Waitress served us old bread with butter after asking her. What does bread cost? Not much. From a white clothed table restaurant one would expect that bread and butter to come with the meal without asking, right? I ordered seared shrimp , it came with some sort of rice. Did not eat. Semi cooked Broccoli tasted awful. My wife had lamb, she said it tasted good, but not worth the price of $29 for a small portion, go to outback for that you get more and better for that price. Overall, very bad experience. I remembered that we had taken a few prospective faculty members for dinner, I had the same bad experience. For some reason I forgot about that place, now I remember. It is one of those places that should not survive but it does, perhaps because of people like me. Ohh, by the way it is probably one of the few restaurants I know that is located on the second floor and can still make it. But not for too long with that menu and service. I am amazed why there are so many good reviews. Something is wrong here.

2 Thank ajturk
Columbia, South Carolina
“As usual... an amazing meal and ambiance!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

I go to Saluda's with some frequency and I have to say that each and every time, the food and ambiance has been above anything that I have ever experienced in Columbia. Consistently exquisite food... tonight I had a filet (cooked perfectly) on a kabob with the most amazing cherry gastrique and blue cheese fondue. My mother pondered at the odd combination... then she took a bite. She admittedly made an incorrect assumption. This meal was absolutely incredible. The fish was cooked perfectly, of course... they cook it a little under medium, which I love. But, don't be afraid to ask for modifications... they will GLADLY cook items to your definition of perfection. Oh, and the peach cobbler was incredible. There is mint in the peach cobbler, which is used in such restraint... it's hands down the best cobbler I have ever had. It is a little different, but it is truly amazing. Also,I had great service from Kylie! We sat on the porch, which was wonderful. I will continue to take every friend and family member to this place, so long as it stays consistently amazing. So far, I'm more than impressed! Thank you, Saluda's!!!

Columbia, South Carolina
“They Have Figured it out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

I have eaten at Saluda's for the last 14 years - through multiple owners - and my last experience was one of the best eating experiences I have had. From the appetizers to soup to entrees and then the surprise dessert - it blew my mind. Their chef Blake has certainly found his place there. Kudos kudos kudos. Priced well - great presentation - great atmosphere ( on the deck).....amazing.

Charleston, South Carolina
“Nice low-key atmosphere, great service and food was delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2014

Really enjoyed my first dining experience at Saluda's. We were seated and served quickly. The waiter was both knowledgeable and entertaining, and checked on us just often enough. The beer and wine list was ample, with plenty of good choices to choose from.

The food was as good as advertised. My wife and I shared the crab cake appetizer to start with. (the slaw that came with it was great too!). Then we both ordered the filet, was cooked to perfection and had black truffle butter on the side (my experience is that most restaurants add the butter while cooking and you can't add to suit your taste). The filet was served over very tasty mashed potatoes and sauteed broccoli.

Great meal!!

• Visited July 2014

Been to Saluda's Restaurant? Share your experiences!