“SOOOO GOOD!!”

Saluda's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Saluda's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 1,026 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Greene street
Reviewed July 31, 2012

very nice! all the food we had was excellant!! great wine selection. lovely outside area to dine @ as well. super nice staff. cant wait to go back!!

Reviewed July 29, 2012

Excellent food, excellent service, excellent atmosphere....no complaints about my dinner here! Saluda's is located in the 5 Points area of Columbia near downtown. It is within an easy walking distance of many hotels in the downtown area. Saluda's offers indoors and outdoors dining areas. We ate on the outdoor porch on the 2nd floor, overlooking the 5 Points area. It was a very comfortable outdoor dining area, with lots of ceiling fans on the outdoor porch. The food was excellent....probably the best steak I have eaten in a long time! Our service was excellent and the price was right for a business dinner. I would definitely go back and hope I get to soon!

Reviewed July 15, 2012

This was my first time eating at Saluda's and was extremely pleased with the food and service. We ordered the Pasta du Jour with shrimp and the swordfish. Both entrees were cooked perfectly and were delicious. Wait staff is very attentive. Pay no attention to the few bad reviews. One of the best places I've visited in Columbia. Only suggestion would be to offer my favorite wine, Whitehaven Sav Blanc, by the glass instead of by the bottle :). But they did offer one of my favorite reds Diseno Malbec which was reasonably priced. Overall an awesome experience.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

The food is ok but seeing 2 roaches (one scampering up the wall & one bellied up to the bar) in one night... no, thanks. I have never been back. The staff did not seem alarmed at all. At least act surprised, then apologize.

6  Thank SleepynurseSC
Management response:Responded July 7, 2012

There is no way this review is factually correct. I have owned Saluda's for over 5 years and spend nearly every day in the restaurant. I have seen a bug in the dining room maybe twice in that time. For you to have seen two in one visit is highly unlikely. To imply that out staff would ignore such an occurrence is laughable. Certainly bugs can be an issue in 100 degree Soyth Carolina summers but I'm proud of the preventative and sanitary practices we employ. Reviews like this make sites like Tripadvisor lose it's credibility when any person with an Internet connection can anonymously slander a wonderful restaurant with an incredible staff and unbelievable food.
Feel free to follow up with me personally "lazynurse" if you'd like to talk with me about your review, although I doubt you will.
Thanks
Steve Cook
Owner
Saluda's
Cell - 803-447-1733

Reviewed June 28, 2012

Best food I've had in Columbia! Service was excellent. Very tasty and well presented. Very reasonable for fine dining. We'll be back soon!