“Another Wonderful Experience”

Saluda's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Saluda's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 969 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Greene street
Columbia, South Carolina, United States
“Another Wonderful Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

We have always enjoyed Saluda's Restaurant for business dining or special occasions, and went for my birthday recently. Although our waiter seemed a little inexperienced he was working hard to please us, and that made up for a little lack of knowledge. He handled our special requests smoothly and promptly. My husband had crab cakes to start, and the sea scallops over whipped potatoes, and I had a caesar salad and the seafood special (mahi mahi, which was very good). My husband needs gluten free food, and the restaurant accomodated this need very well. We each ordered a bottle of wine (I prefer white, my husband red), and had two glasses, and the waiter brought us paper bags so that we could take the remianing wine home with us. We sat on the balcony overlooking the Five Points fountain. Next time we wil sit inside as it was too noisy to talk, with traffic noise and people walking by on the street below, as well as noise from the Starbucks under the second floor restaurant. Overall though, a good experence!

Charleston
“NASTY food!!! gross”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

went to this place last week for dinner. One word......sicky!
I would not come back here if you paid me.
Slooooooooooow service, overpriced and overseasoned food. All around bad.
I would not wish this place on my enemy

2 Thank lanternandscroll
Charlotte, NC
“REPULSIVE food, bad service, unfriendly manager”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2012

Recently dined at this Columbia restaurant (above a starbucks), for a special occasion.
I had high expectations...silly me to judge by extra high menu prices.
Food took FOREVER to arrive, and was pretty much trash.
$20 for shrimp and grits with a salt based sauce....rip-off.
Ordered wine, was given the wrong type. Waiter had never heard of aged scotch, etc.
Steak was a lump of grilled fat.
Odd plates - too modern and look cheap. Odd cutlery too (edit: wrong cuterly) was given 2 appetizer forks, whilst others had a mix of regular and kids sizes. Highly irregular at that price tag. Bread was right out of O'Charleys and had to be requested.
All in all, I hated it. So did my guests.
The owner is also not very responsive to complaints and his catering manager - a piece of work - right out of a Hells kitchen episode.
I will never understand these mid-rate, regional restaurant people who defend their bad establishment to the end, when they ought to open their eyes and look around them. If a customer complains then something is wrong. The customer is ALWAYS right.
"we have never had a complaint" - Excuse me, but I wasn't born yesterday!
Save your money and your palate
Go elsewhere - I dare say Starbucks or Chick fil-a would have been less disappointing.

3 Thank RichardCLT
home
“Nice atmosphere, but limited menu and inconsistent”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2012

Not enough wait staff, menu sounded good, but unfortunately was not nearly as flavorful as discribed or looking to enjoy. :-/

Visited December 2011
1 Thank M L
Columbia, South Carolina
“Fine dining downtown”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2012

Haven't been in a while but one of the best restaurants in Columbia.