“Idiots handle reservations”
Review of Ristorante Divino

Ristorante Divino
Reserve with OpenTable
Ristorante Divino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #39 of 1,081 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Ristorante Divino is an upscale restaurant featuring Northern Italian recipes, an extensive winelist and cocktail program, paired with the Southern hospitality that locals and visitors have come to expect from Columbia.
Reviewed April 6, 2018

Call at noontime to make reservations for 6:30 pm. Call again at 4:00 pm as I had not heard back. Talked to some guy who said it would be fine. Asked why nobody called back and was told hostess usually does that when she comes in around 4 pm. Get a voicemail at 5:54 pm from Carter informing me that they can't take us until 8:30 pm or maybe 9 pm. Get another voicemail at 6:49 pm-"Hey this is Congressman Peter bennett(?) I was just calling to see if you're still coming tonight You can give us a call back at 803-799-4550 and earlier you can my first message because I didn't realize that you'd already talked to somebody but you could just call us back and let us know." My wife said this has happened before with reservations she has made.This is a very poor reflection on this restaurant and we certainly won't go back.

Date of visit: April 2018
2  Thank tomc12
TrentonA16, General Manager at Ristorante Divino, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2018

I apologize for your experience you had making reservations at our restaurant. I cannot speak for the phone call when the person addressed themselves as Congressman Peter Bennett, but we normally pride ourselves on our handling of reservations and have had few (if any) issues in the past. If you allow us, we would love to make this very bizarre experience up to you. Thank you.

Reviewed March 2, 2018

Recently on a business trip to Columbia, SC my travel partner and I happened upon some former co workers. We ended up at this local dive. I don't remember much about the food because we were so busy catching up. I did have the maltagliati.... it was deliciously light and satisfying...hand-torn pasta, oven roasted tomatoes, arugula, garlic Pinot Grigio broth. I would love to try this place again and will. The ambience was very nice and the service was spectacular. It was a comfortably special and relaxing evening. Nice enough to feel special but not starchy or uncomfortable.

Reviewed February 24, 2018

Had a bad meal here about 5 years ago, but decided to give it another try. Expectations were high, but we were totally underwhelmed again.

Food was good, but not great. Service was lacking. Disappeared for long periods. Not a good experience again...

Many better places in town.

1  Thank Dale M
Brian H, General Manager at Ristorante Divino, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2018

Hello Dale, My name is Damian, I looked up your reservation and it looks like you were with us on the 10th of February. I am very sorry to hear about your experiences. I have recently taken over GM position and my main focus is service and guest experiences. Please if you have time to call me here at the restaurant 803-799-4550, I would love to speak with you.

Reviewed February 15, 2018 via mobile

I went to Divinos for Valentines Day dinner. The restaurant itself of beautiful. The servers were excellent. We had calamari, the oyster special, and Caesar salad for starts. (Let me back up, the wine list is exceptional) the calamari was under seasoned. The oyster special was just “ok.” They had too many breadcrumbs that made enjoying the oyster difficult. The salad was underdressed. For dinner we had the Osso Bucco, the whole fish, the agnolotti, and the filet. I personally had the whole fish, which was very fresh, but lacked flavor. It was supposed to have an herbed butter dressing the fish, but I did not see that. The other diners at my table said the food was “pretty good.” We also had dessert. I thought the chocolate cake was good, but the person sharing with me didn’t think it tasted very much like chocolate. I would go back, but maybe not for a special occasion. The food was acceptable for a regular Friday night out, but I wouldn’t classify it as spectacular or memorable.

1  Thank lindseyo731
Reviewed February 11, 2018

This one of my favorite Italian offerings, and this is the fourth place that I have ordered it an finally hit the bulls eye. Instead of the broth base that you find in Italy, New York or Chicago the other three had a thick tomato sauce base. The sord fish was fresh as were the shrimp and muscles and the pasta was cooked properly over a saffron based broth. It is a high end restaurant, reservations a must, I ate at the bar, which is essentially a service bar with 5 stools. I had a glass of chianti classico that was excellent. Exceptonal ambiance with excellent service, my choice so far for a special occasion restaurant in the area.

Date of visit: February 2018

Been to Ristorante Divino? Share your experiences!