“Lunch”

Ranked #43 of 996 Restaurants in Columbia
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

Nice little cafe to stop in for lunch. There is always a nice crowd which is a good sign that this cafe has good food. If you haven't ate here first must try the chicken salad sandwich on croissant. It's quite yummy.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

What a great gem in the heart of 5 points. Consistently have great brunches and an excellent atmosphere. We have been frequenting this café since we first moved to Columbia about 2 months ago and absolutely love it. Even if you aren’t a fan of grits I suggest giving their cheese grits a go and of course their French toast and croissant sandwich are fantastic. And can’t go wrong with a pitcher of mimosas. If the weather allows definitely sit outside and enjoy the sun.

Reviewed May 16, 2014 via mobile

We went there for lunch. They were out of grilled chicken, that was pretty sad. The meats are unimpressive. The cheeses were good. Sandwiches were fairly blah. The bread wasn't fresh. There are better places to go in Columbia. Over priced in my opinion.

Reviewed May 12, 2014

I just moved to the area and I decided to try out The Gourmet Shop. I ordered the Veggie sandwich which was absolutely amazing. It was simple and I think that's what made it so good. They don't try to over-do anything by adding too many ingredients. When good quality ingredients are used, you don't need a lot of extras. The service was a little slow, but I was outside and able to enjoy the weather and relax. There's no need to rush a dining experience anyway. The servers have always been pleasant. I work at a hotel in the area and I always send our guests to The Gourmet Shop. I look forward to the next time I get to enjoy lunch here!!

Reviewed April 15, 2014

The food was very good- we started with baked brie and it was SO good. The salad dressing was also very good if you like zesty/Italian-like dressing. I got the vegetarian pesto panini, which was great, but my colleague got the open faced veggie sandwich, which wasn't anything special and a little hard to eat. The pricing is very reasonable and portions are good size, but not too big. We sat outside on the street and then wandered around the store. It was a nice shop/wine store to take my 65+ mother around. Service was a little bit slow. I would definitely go back or order out from there when I'm in town again.