“Best Tex-Mex In Greater Columbia”
Review of El Chico - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
El Chico
Cuisines: Mexican
Lexington, South Carolina
“Best Tex-Mex In Greater Columbia”
Reviewed January 30, 2012

I eat here frequently with my family of four and the food is always fresh and well seasoned. The chips and salsa alone are worth the trip. If you like burritos, enchiladas and tacos, they serve the best. I have not had anthing on the menu that was bad. Prices are higher than I'd like, ranging from $8-12 per person, but the portions are large and filling. The Mexican Apple Pie is tops! The restaurant is clean and the staff are friendly and helpful. Staff and servers are much better than in the last few years.

1 Thank PalmettoPatriot

Columbia, South Carolina
“Consistently Excellent”
Reviewed January 6, 2012

Have never had a bad meal at El Chico. The dishes that they offer are varied and creative. My plate was the Revolutionary Tacos with chicken, Three soft corn tortillas
filled with fajita chicken & chipotle drizzle with avocado & topped with cilantro & cojita cheese. The dish was absolutely delicious. Sides were refried beans and "diablo corn." The beans were excellent and the corn was a fantastic dish full of taste. The corn had spices and roasted green and red peppers in it. We ordered coffee with our meal and it was very good as well. The waitress, Kirby, took excellent care of us and was very informative regarding the menu and ingredients of the dishes. The restaurant was clean, as always as was the table ware and utensils. This is my go to restaurant in Columbia for this type of food. My wife was just as satisfied with her meal and shares my enthusiasm for this restaurant.

• Visited January 2012
Roanoke, Virginia
“Above average but not great.”
Reviewed December 5, 2011

Service was only average (or maybe below-average). Had to make requests for basic things (lemon for water, for example) at least twice. Food quality was very good and tasted wonderful. But.....the portions for the queso sauce and the child's quesadilla were TINY for the cost. Be sure to order the large queso sauce if there are more than 2 people. And, if your child is older than 6 or 7, they will likely need 2 of the kid's menu quesadillas.

• Visited November 2011
Surf City, North Carolina
“great location”
Reviewed October 30, 2011

Easy to find location. Clean and colorful interior. Freindly wait staff provides great service. Well developed menu and huge portions.

Visited October 2011
Columbia, South Carolina
“Simply The Best Mexican Food In Town”
Reviewed October 6, 2011

Absolutely the best tasting Mexican food in town. We started the meal with a queso dip that was the best that I have ever had. The dip was made of pepperjack cheese, ground beef, tomatoes, and onions. The dip alone made the trip worthwhile. My dish contained three burritos one chicken, one bean, and one beef with appropriate topping sauces and a serving of refried beans and rice. The food was hot, tasty, the consistency of the dish was appropriate, and appearance of the dish was first class. My dining partners felt that their tacos and burritos were excellent as well and that their Marguritas were among the best that they had ever had. The waitress was knowledgable of all the dishes on the menu and constently visited the table to check on our satisfaction and to refill drink glasses and clear the table. All of our entrees cost approximately $10 each and were well worth it. I suppose that I would be remiss if I did not review the salsa and chips - they were delicious. After the meal there was just a clean taste in your mouth and no film or strong aftertaste.

• Visited October 2011